300 WSM | 124 Hammer Hunter Load Development

Zen you should get better velocities with faster powders such as varget, Vit540 or Vit140.

I've killed a few 180lb boars lately with the 124 HH at 3050 fps and getting full pass throughs with good results. I ran my 16" 30-06 up to 3250fps with the 124s and saw no pressure signs but was out of room for powder. But at 3050 it still hits them plenty hard and the recoil is much lower out of my light rifle.

If you have faster powders available to load with I would try them but still drop the velocity down to 3200-3300 that way you could run identical velocities as now but it would be at much lower pressures dropping recoil down significantly, especially on an ar-10. I believe that is plenty of velocity to take down the biggest boars at typical night hunting ranges. Just a thought, nothing wrong at all with your current combo.

Superformace would be a great powder to try with the 124 in a wsm. Be even better if it was temp stable. I can push a 130tsx to just under 3700 from a 26" barrel with supf before any pressure signs show up.

If you are happy with the accuracy and the performance you have then you don't need to chase the speed.

Superformace would be a great powder to try with the 124 in a wsm. Be even better if it was temp stable. I can push a 130tsx to just under 3700 from a 26" barrel with supf before any pressure signs show up.

If you are happy with the accuracy and the performance you have then you don't need to chase the speed.
I tried it with less than poor results

There is some speed being left on the table for certain. I have run my 30-06 over 3500fps with Varget and 4895 and 124s but backed off to 3450 for the sake of brass and a little more consistency.
The 137s group better by 1/4" in my rifle running Varget at 3220fps. But I have more 124s and this is a 400yard whitetail rifle so that last 1/4" doesn't really matter.