.300 wsm-1:11-24"Tube Need Berger 175VLD data

Do use quite a few berger bullets, but not that one. Others may chime in but one thing I've done in the past is simply e-mail berger and ask. They have always been very prompt in responding. Goodluck, have fun and shoot safe.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

You can contact their CS and they can give you their tested load recommendation similar to what is posted here >>> Reloading Data | Berger Bullets

I am trying to load 175VLD Hunting bullets for a deer round! Any proven starting data would be appreciated!

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the response and the welcoming! I emailed Berger and hopefully, they will get back with some info! If the options are limited, I will move up to 180's! My experience is very little with Berger! I load hunting rounds and mainly stick with Nosler! I was trying to avoid buying a Berger manual until I know they are what I need. I am shooting an honest 1"@ 100yds and I am sure it can improve, but I have not found the recipe needed!

What calibers are you men loading for?

B King

I've shot those in my 300 WSM with a 24" barrel. My load was 67gr. of Reloader 17 with the bullet seated .035 off the lands. Velocity was real close to 3200 fps. I shot a couple of 3 shot groups on paper at 6 and 7 hundred yards and they were 3-1/2" and 4-1/2". I've shot it out to 1000 at steel and had good results at that distance also.

John

Gang,

I am trying to load a hunting round to take elk sized animals in Africa! They tell us that 200yds is max shot length! Berger still has not responded to my email for info or any known good data for this round! Online they show the 180 but, I see nothing on the 175. My logic was to use them on .308 Win as well or even burn a few in .300 Win mag! I would like to do the same in 7mm. I need a 7mm-08 and 7mm rem mag bullet! I was thinking about the 150 Hunting VLD!

Your Thoughts?

Brett

Occasionally I have trouble opening the bolt on my gun after firing. I have been full length resizing. The primmers are slightly flattening as well. I have tried numerous recipes with not a great deal of luck. Mostly seating bullets .010 off the lands. Its a 1:11 twist 23" Kimber Super America. I have been shooting 5 and then cleaning. Bottom metal screws are 40 inch pounds.

Gentlemen,

Thank You All for your input!

Woods-I love the details!

I took this project(.300WSM) on for a friend! This was a new gun. The scope/base was mounted by someone else! The stock was replaced with a Boyd laminated thumb hole! When I started the stock was bowed out bad enough to have a lot of pressure on the bbl. I immediately tore it down to open the bbl channel and enlarge the recoil lug recess! I bedded with Devcon. There is no more touching or movement of the action in the stock! I torqued the both bottom metal screws to 40inlbs. In my screwball way of thinking, I was trying to break and determine the ideal load for this rifle. Looking back, I should have focused on bbl break in, only! I have used 180 Nosler BT,Hornady 165 Interlock, Nosler 165 and 180 Partitions pushed by a myriad of powders!
First: FL sized new Nosler brass. I loaded (5) 5-round recipes with the best one shooting .750" at 100yd! It was the second group shot. I was thinking, "I am the man"......(5) groups later, it turned to, "I am a moron"!
Mistake 1: Using a Lee FL die with a Redding shell holder and not measuring the setback. Due to the thickness of the shell holder, I was setting back .004"! The bolt closed firmly, but that did not concern me much at first.I was also pushing the bullets out to .002 to the lands. At 61 to 64gr IMR-4350, I was following my printed manual. The bolt got hard to open after firing! I also had the "shinny spot" on the head-stamp!
Mistake 2: Not rechecking/re-tightening the bottom metal screws!
Mistake 3: Assuming the scope rings were torqued to specs.
Mistake 4: Trying too many powders even though the were recomended. I tried: RL-16,Varget, Win760 etc.....

Good News.....everything snugged,torqued and lock-tited(blue) down!

It is shooting .750 with 64gr IMR-4350 and Nosler CT(Black) 180gr bullets!This is hunting gun and that's all it will ever be!You have to understand, this gun leaves in a few weeks to Africa to kill thinner skinned animals! So I have been pulling my hair out while under pressure to make it shoot decent! His goal is to shoot no more than 200yds!

Well, its off to the next conbooberated project!

I'm sorry this response got so long but, I felt I owed those of you that tried to help! Thanks again!

God Bless!

Brett

Never read this post because I have not got into Berger bullets or loads.
I have a Kimber Montana 300 WSM. Win LRM Primer, 65.0 (Sixty Five)
Gr. IMR 4350 and 180 gr. Nosler, Hornady, Sierra and Speer bullet shoots around .5 to .750 if I do my part. This is my Go Too Load for this rifle.
2 Caribou , 1 Elk, 180 Gr. Nosler Part. DRT.
Tried 165 Gr. Hornady GMX and 168 Gr. Nosler E-Tip. Bullet to long for this rifle twist. Shot terrible,

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.