300 wm load with 215 Berger’s and N570

tlsmith22

What is you starting point? Sweet spot? I am almost finished with my 300wm build, 26' proof barrel and I used the reamer Broz promotes over at LRO. I have heard great things abt this N570 powder with the 215 Berger.

actually very good with h4831 or sc.
COAL and brass have a large affect on vol/load,
so just work up safely
when fresh i was at .32/.31 at 200 yards

I have used n570 in my 300 WM. I started at 74 and topped out at 79. I believe that was what Broz did too.

Unless you have a large supply of it I would not waste my time with it. I have been trying to buy it for over 18 months without luck. I do not believe they will ever fix their supply issue.

I made the switch to h1000. Almost as good. Great supply. And cheaper too.

I was able to find 5 lbs of it yesterday in a local gun store. I was pretty excited abt it. Like you, I had been using H1000. It's strictly for a hunting rifle, so I can't imagine ever needing to shoot more than 500 rounds.

Lol I started with 4 pounds. I'm down to one pound. Guess I'm not very disciplined when it comes to pulling the trigger. I would start at 74 and watch for pressure at 77- 79ish. Good luck.

I know nobody seems to like it, but RL33 is another powder that is very accurate and matches N570 in velocity, but is not temp stable. I am curious if anyone has verified how unstable it is from 30 degrees up to around 90 degrees? Will a load developed in the winter blow the chamber up in the summer?

I've read (no first hand experience) that IMR 8133 is very close in burn rate to 570. If I ever find a jug of it I would give it a try.

I know nobody seems to like it, but RL33 is another powder that is very accurate and matches N570 in velocity, but is not temp stable. I am curious if anyone has verified how unstable it is from 30 degrees up to around 90 degrees? Will a load developed in the winter blow the chamber up in the summer?
I've been running RE33 in my Lapua improved behind a Berger 300. I've shot it from 30° to 70° and haven't noticed any significant changes. LabRadar shows the highest to lowest velocity under those conditions has been 15-20fps difference. It's great powder. From what I've read, I think the trouble comes when ambient temps are above 80 to 85°.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.