300 wm factory hunting ammo

CF60EE43-3767-4041-A744-F10224F74135.jpeg 0B86337F-48EA-4DA5-9327-56C53C838333.jpegBerger all the way. These are hand loads and each bullet likes a different powder .Load developement at 150 yards .

Last edited:
I have a 26" 1/10 twist 300 wm. I was given 200 grain eldx ammo with it. I was told it "liked" this stuff. Well I shot it today and I didn't "like" it. I have seen eldx do well before but not this time. I do not reload or have familiar information with 300 wm ammo that typically works well. I was thinking of trying the federal Berger hybrid Hunter ammo next. Any other recommendations? I did manage to get the eldx to steel at 700 rounds today. It just shoots a little wild for me.
I have tried reloading the 200 eldx and it gave me fits. I had better luck with the 208 eld. Several other folks had troubles with the 200 eldx. I had really good results with nosler factory ammo loaded with standard 200 grain accubonds. It's high but worth a try. My rifle was a 300 wm 10 twist xbolt

I have tried reloading the 200 eldx and it gave me fits. I had better luck with the 208 eld. Several other folks had troubles with the 200 eldx. I had really good results with nosler factory ammo loaded with standard 200 grain accubonds. It's high but worth a try. My rifle was a 300 wm 10 twist xbolt
I use eldx in my 308 and they touch at 100 yards and I have seen a 6.5 creedmoor stack them at 300 yards. I know they can be good but my 300 wm doesn't like them at all.

Any chance you'll share your reload recipes for your 200 ELDX? Perhaps save me a little time and money

I have not tried the factory Berger 215, but it looks very similar to the data on my handloads-length, and velocity. It is long so may not fit your mag, but it would make the short list.

My gunsmith broke my rifle in with Hornady 200 gr ELDX...we were not pleased.

Federal Trophy Bonded Tip in 180gr shot well, but no experience on game.

Just today I was sighting in my M700 in 7 mm mag with the federal Berger bullet and Hornady ELD-X bullets. Could not get the Federals to group any better than 2.5-3 " grps @ 200yds. The ELD's consistently grouped .75-1.5" @ 200yds. Now I just gotta find some more Hornady's before my Oct hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts