300 WM Bullet Testing Results -- Opinions??

I am shooting a stock Savage 110 Hunter in 300 Win Mag

Luckily, the company does custom loads, so I have the ability to order a next box to test seating depth, etc.
Did you use the maximum length allowed by the detachable magazine when you ordered the initial boxes of ammo? If not, that's where I'd start if you're set on ordering more for 'seating depth tests' considering this is a hunting rifle. Do you know what powder and primers this company is throwing for you?🤔

i cant see how anyone could liability wise offer this service .. short of taking your gun for a month and doing all the reloading chores for you .. then in the end having a custom taylored round 300 win mag that might end up in the wrong gun.. what parts are ya missing
They do offer a service where I hand the gun over and they do load development... may need to approach that route.

I'm missing everything besides the press...

Did you use the maximum length allowed by the detachable magazine when you ordered the initial boxes of ammo? If not, that's where I'd start if you're set on ordering more for 'seating depth tests' considering this is a hunting rifle. Do you know what powder and primers this company is throwing for you?🤔

I did not provide them maximum seating depth with magazine. I'm not sure om powder/primer, but I will see if I can find that information

Unfortunately, no. The company will be doing the reloading for now. I have been unable to get all of the gear I need to start on my own because of the virus.

This was done by a Magnetospeed sporter and 100 yards.
Because of the administration!!!!! Right?

If they offer a service where they use your gun to develop the loads for it jump on it . It may cost ya a little bit more but the end results should be what you're looking for . And you'd be able to build off of it a whole lot easier that way

I would recommend that you buy a box of Federal Premium Gold Medal Ammunition with the 190 grain Sierra Match King bullets , or the Federal Premium Gold Medal Ammunition with the 215 grain Berger Hybrid bullets to shoot through your .300 Win. Mag rifle . Both of these should shoot very accurately , and have very consistent velocity spreads . The overall length of the cartridge with the Berger bullets is listed as 3.6" which might be too long for your magazine .

If you can find either of these , they will be expensive , over $70.00 per box of 20 , but either will be your best chance of getting accurate ammo , that has not been custom developed for your specific rifle .

I have no idea of the cost of the ammo that you are having loaded for your rifle , and that is none of my business , but these 2 Federal cartridges would give you an idea of your rifle's potential , as well as establishing a baseline of costs involved in your pursuit of having your current company develop your loads .

DMP25-06

Recent Posts