300 WM Bullet question

F16wil

Can anyone shed some light on what they think is the best bullet/grain size for a Sendero 300 wm?

Like most, I have tried the hole range of weights and brands. I have settled on the Serria Match King in 180 or 200gr. As a back up bullet the 200gr Accubond is also very good. I hunt the the SMK's and have had excellent success. In fact better then with the Accubonds. The only bullet that has given better kills is the Partion, but the BC is nowhere near as good.

190 SMK is my favorite

I shot some 220 SMKs as they have a much higher bc, but the recoil steps up a bit too much for long strings of pleasure shooting. The 190s are great. I have a load with the 210s that is pretty nice too, but nothing I have shot will beat out 190 SMKs or Berger VLDs in my rifle. Sooner or later I will be using them on some hogs. . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

210 berger, 200 accubond, 180gr. ballistic tip. had shot 190gr. matchking in it and it shot great but didn't do well on game. I dont know if i had a bad lot because they're good out of my 6.5x284 on game and had worked before in my win mag. Then I had a string of two deer hit and and I never found them. may have been a bad lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.