300 WM bullet for Elk

Go with what shoots best out of your rifle...they will all do the job with proper bullet placement. I personally love the 200 grain accubonds....they have performed flawlessly on caribou moose,deer and fly well out of all my 300 win mags. I like the higher BC of the 200 gainers over the 180's. VERY hard to find them right now in my neck of the woods or even on line....good luck!

You could look at the 190 cx bullet as an option also. If going eldx I'd go with the 200 gr variant as it's known to be a better penetrator then some of the other eldx's. Barnes are good to but personally I'd aim for bone if use any mono bullet. Especially as distances increase and velocity decreases. Also the 180 accubond is an amazing performer.

years ago,back in the 70,s I was a first time elk hunter.Before I thought you needed a special bullet to kill an elk....Nosler had just come out with ballistic tips..... they shot good outa my 300 wm ..... so thats what I used and they killed elk just fine....go onto www.snipershide.com and search for elk ranchers depredation....... they use alot of sierra SMK,s.....
SHOT PLACEMENT IS THE DETERMINING FACTOR.....

165,180 Sciroccos, or 165,180ab

That said, my last bull was with a 160 partition out of my 7stw

Probably lean more towards the 165s mentioned above.