300 wm and 165gr bullets

mrbofus

Howdy,
Looking for any and all input on using 165 gr bullets-any kind- in a 300 WM for a good solid hunting round.
What powder/bullet combos are working for you.
Please respond with only in regards to the 165's please

Or if this is a redundant post please point me in the right direction for some late nite reading.

Shooting a R700 and hunting Deer / Antelope -possible Elk but have 180's for that.

Thanks

I've had good luck with RL22 and Sierra Game King 165 HPBT or Hornady 165 gr Interbond.
+1
78 grains in win brass lit by a 215... regular hornady interlock here... work up to 78 of course. A can't miss load shot in a bunch of different pipes. Current rifle is a browning a-bolt ss lh boss but initial workup was done in a 300win m700 bdl 20 years ago.

165 ballistic tip and Norma mrp. My buddy shot an antelope at 825yds with it, my rifle and my loads. It was a booner as well! What was I thinking letting him take the shot! Now he's getting all the glory in Tyler Sims brochure. LOL!
I am using the Zeiss rapid z 800 and the load corresponded perfectly with the yardage stadia lines.i think the velocity was 3160fps.
Just to note...Norma mrp is very similar to rl-22.

I've had good results with the 168 gr Nosler E-tip with IMR4350 out of my Vanguard S2 in .300WM. I didn't get to test terminal performance but groups were good. But I would be confident with them in anything elk sized or smaller.

dont be afraid to use that load on game. Ive never shot a animal with a .30 cal version but have killed probably a dozen with the 140 e tip out of 7 mags and it in my opinion outperformed barnes tsx bullets. I allways got excellent penetration (never recovered a bullet) and they decked every deer i shot with them and did good damage even out to 400 yards. Id have used them in other calibers but just couldnt get them to shoot much better then 2moa out of any other gun.
I've had good results with the 168 gr Nosler E-tip with IMR4350 out of my Vanguard S2 in .300WM. I didn't get to test terminal performance but groups were good. But I would be confident with them in anything elk sized or smaller.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.