300 WM 230 OTM with RL33

brentc

I just loaded up some 230 OTMs in my 300 WM with RL33. I loaded up to 82.5 grains and seated my bullet .005 off the lands with slight compression. I could still hear the powder shaking a bit in the loaded round.

I'm curious to see if this is a viable combination. If anyone has tried it, I'm all ears to see what you found. I'll shoot it tomorrow and update as necessary.

I just loaded up some 230 OTMs in my 300 WM with RL33. I loaded up to 82.5 grains and seated my bullet .005 off the lands with slight compression. I could still hear the powder shaking a bit in the loaded round.

I'm curious to see if this is a viable combination. If anyone has tried it, I'm all ears to see what you found. I'll shoot it tomorrow and update as necessary.

How long is your barrel? Factory barrel and chamber, or aftermarket barrel?

Berger sent me an email with the load data. Coal of 3.340 and from a 26" tube. Min 76.5gr-2494fps max 81gr of 2769fps. I will be doing the same thing for my 300 Weatherby I would like to see how this goes.

Just finished up at the range. The 82.5 grain load produced 2815 fps with a single digit ES at .005 off the lands. The group was about 3/4" @ 150 yards. Not as tight as my other Berger loads, but there is potential If tuned in.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.