300 WM: 200gr Nosler AB Load?

I follow the suggestion that another member on this forum had made and start 0.020" less than mag depth, then work back in 0.010" increments.
I typically will choose the middle charge weight and keep that consistent through the development. Less variables means less confusion, in my opinion.
I know there was a thread that I had asked about this process a while back and received really good feedback. I'll see if I can find it and post it here for you to read through.

Sorry for jumping back here on my older thread.

To clarify, are you saying that you start .020" shorter than the longest you could seat rounds in your magazine? If so, is that 20 thou shorter just to ensure proper feeding and the like?

Hello all,

New reloader, about to purchase my first "batch" of supplies to develop my first load. I am planning to shoot the 200gr Nosler AB. I am looking for the following:

- Brass Recommendations
- Powder Recommendations

Should I focus on loading this 1 bullet or should I pick a 2nd candidate as well to load?

How many different powders should I initially purchase to develop a load? 2-3?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get atleast 0.5-0.75 MOA at 100 out of this rifle. It's a new Savage 110 Hunter.

Thank you all in advance.
I got good results from 200gr accubonds in my 300wm when I had it. I ran nosler brass and it was really good as far as consistently. H1000 was the power I used. I can't remember charge weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.