300 Winchester Magnum

zeeman

Any ideas in 300WinMag in custom rig 26inch Kreiger Stiller Predator action B&C stock with 210 or 215 Berger hunting vlds 1/10 twist loads for max accuracy and hunting out to 600-800 Will be long chambered to seat bullets to max OAL and powder capacity 8-22 NightForce NXS

Any ideas in 300WinMag in custom rig 26inch Kreiger Stiller Predator action B&C stock with 210 or 215 Berger hunting vlds 1/10 twist loads for max accuracy and hunting out to 600-800 Will be long chambered to seat bullets to max OAL and powder capacity 8-22 NightForce NXS
If it were me I'd add at least 2" of additional barrel so you can take advantage of the slow burning powders but other than that I'd say you've got a pretty good plan going.

Sounds perfect to me. I just finished load development on my 300 Win. Use the 215 Berger. I went with a 26" BRUX and Holland brake on a Borden action. I am getting 3015 fps with the 215. Primers are not flat with just a slight ejector shine, under the perfect light. I was very impressed.

Sounds great!
I have a factory Remington that seems to shoot very well. Remington 700 XCR tactical 26"bbl.Had the 210vlds going around 2840fps which shot extremely well. Now I'm playing with the 215 hybrids and they seem to be the ticket for the win mag. Running them around 2960fps. Very pleased with these bullets.

When my barrel is shot out, a 28" barrel will be replacing it as any added velocity is nice. The 2" extra length will allow to burn up the slower burning powder behind those big bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts