.300 Winchester Mag/180 grain bullet/RL25

300winnie

I know I should just break down and go buy several of the new manuals with data for the "newer" powders, but I have gotten cheap I guess with the availability of information available here on the web.

For those that have followed my workup with my .300 Win Mag with 180 grain Swift Scirocco II's you know that it has been a long road but I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

However, before I finish up I have to try RL25 to see if it can and will do any better than H1000. I just keep trying to get the holy grail of 3,100+ fps and sub m.o.a. accuracy.

In so doing, I have an unopened can (1 lb) of RL25 that I got for my B-Day that is calling to be used. What I am in need of is some of the starting and maximum loads that are listed in the various manuals containing information for said powder and bullet weight.

Thanks in advance.

I use RL25 for my 300 win. I found some hornady data I believe that listed a max load of RL25 for 180 interlock flat base at 82.3 gr, Hrndy brass, Fed 215 primer, 3.34 OAL. I worked up to 82 gr and it averaged around 3120 fps and decent accuracy ( better than 75-76 gr RL22). (not a real accurate gun) The bbl's fault. The gun is a ruger 77 tang safety 24" bbl. although the load shows no bad joo joo for pressure, I have never been completely comfortable sitting behind the gun with this load. I notice that newer data has backed down to around 79 gr or so. Maybe that's why it makes me a little nervous. I don't shoot this gun very much.

I have a Lam. stocked Sendero that does it's best 180 shooting with 81 gr. of RL-25, Rem brass, Fed. 215 Pr. &
I hate to say this , but the 180Barnes, it beat Nos. Bal. Tip, Sierra SBT and all else for some weird reason. Velocity is 3,160FPS out of the 26" tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.