300 WIN with Lost River Bullet

DANTEC

I still wait for information on 408 from LRB ( W JENSEN ) so to try to do some trials on LRB bullets I plan to try 190 gr LRB in a 300 WIN

I the aim to make the best trial possible without to spend thousand $ in LRB bullet ( near 2 buck each without shipping and TAX )
does some shooters ( real shooters not the neighbor of the friend of the buddy of the shooter..... )can share information on :

load component ( case maker , powder , powder load ,primer ...)

barrel information ( lenght , pitch , number of grooves , chamber dims and throat dims ... )

Velocity they get with their barrel lenght .

and the group they get at short range ( 100/200 ) and long range 1000 yards or over

thanks for all future imputs .

I think perhaps that with so hight BC a LRW 190 gr shoot at the 300 WIN MAG velocity can be enought to shoot far up to 2000 yards perhaps and more with 300 ULTRA .

Good shooting

DAN TEC

does any body shoot LRB product to sucess get answers to my questions ???????

or need to wait the next Shot Show in 2003 to meet the LRB company and get stamples ???

good shooting

DAN TEC

I'm not sure if I can answer any of your questions but I have gotten one-hole groups from my Weatherby Mark V Accumark .30-378 with the factory barrel. That was with a 220 grain J40.

perhaps but
what range ?
what load ?
what bullet seating lenght ?
what powder ?
what primer ?

how many round in the group ?
what the size of the hole group because I have never sucess to make one hole group in 30/378 factory rifles with any thing and even custom won't shoot very well ( 30/378 is not a good catridge for me too much over bore and with a too deep free bore on factory rifle).

If I don't sucess to get information on 300 WIN MAG with LRB ( strange because a real popular cartridge ) I start a short test of LRB ( compare Sierra 190 gr to LRB side by side ) in one of my barrel in 300 WIN at 100 and 1000 yards and publish the results in this forum .

by this way I will be the first shooter to have test LRB in 300 WIN MAG ?

good shooting

DAN TEC

I have forget some details

how many rounds have you shoot
what is your badest group
what is you better group
have you clean fouling between sighter shot and group shots
have you clean and after between groups ?

Enjoy real engineering and real performances testing .

DAN TEC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.