300 win mag

erichhaag

Hello all... having my first carbon wrapped proof research barreled rifle made. Anyone have any experience with that combo and a good load up for it? Another win mag I have likes Barnes ttsx 165s and I have taken many whitetails with it. I was looking for a lighter rifle and more all weather.

Last edited:
I've got a 300 wm , loading the 178 grain Absolute Hammer at 3230 FPS out of a 24" barrel, shooting 0.4 moa at 200 yards. Check the Absolute Hammer thread on this page for load data. These bullets are very easy to tune for accuracy, and you can push them pretty fast.

The Hammer bullets shoot excellent in just about every rifle we've tried them in. Haven't tried them with the 300 winny yet. Mine likes 76 gr of RL25 and a 200 gr Partition.

Hello all... having my first carbon wrapped proof research barreled rifle made. Anyone have any experience with that combo and a good load up for it? Another win mag I have likes Barnes ttsx 165s and I have taken many whitetails with it. I was looking for a lighter rifle and more all weather.
If you are only going to use 165's, just build a .308 or a .30-06. The .300 Win Mag shines with 200-210.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.