300 win. Mag

missourideere

I'm shooting 73.5 grains of imr 7977 with a 208 a max book shows at 75 grains I should be shooting 2852fps. I dont have a chronograph so I just checked how much bullet drop was from 100yds-400yds it dropped 22" i put that in my calculator and it comes out to @ 3200fps. Is there something im missing? My barrel is 2" longer then the book used to test

Save up and invest in a coronagraph (pun intended for those that know which thread I am referring to). 😇Borrow or have a friend chrono for you, otherwise, it is just a WAG. You want as close to "actual" as possible because each rifle is different. I have three .300 WMs with the same barrel length and I can fire same load with varying velocities. "IF" you're happy with a WAG, then press on.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Save up and invest in a coronagraph (pun intended for those that know which thread I am referring to). 😇Borrow or have a friend chrono for you, otherwise, it is just a WAG. You want as close to "actual" as possible because each rifle is different. I have three .300 WMs with the same barrel length and I can fire same load with varying velocities. "IF" you're happy with a WAG, then press on.

Good luck!
Yes I believe I will just buy one thank you I hate guessing

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.