300 win mag.

2017-10-14 07.22.20.jpg

My mostly home made 300wm.

VZ-24 BRNO mauser trued action, Mark X commercial bolt opened mag face, ER Shaw fitted their barrel, CDI bottom metal, AI mag, Timmey trigger no safety, custom made Winchester style shroud safety EGW one piece baseand Vortex tactical rings all tucked nicely into a mesquite stock that I cut down and baby'd all the way to where it is now! 16lbs fully dressed.

Not many rounds down the pipe but it flat shoots!

2017-10-14 07.31.36.jpg

The low hole was a called flier!

Brentc nice rifle! Looks like a McM a3 sporter with proof cw barrel can you give some specs. Edge fill? How is the recoil? Thanks

Barrel: proof sendero lite 26"
Action: Stiller Predator
Muzzle brake: Nathan Wright's 4 port

It is an edge fill A3 sporter that I had hydro dipped by Lee Mecham at black ice coatings.

I had the barreled action chambered and muzzle brake installed by Northwest Action Works in Oregon and I inletted the stock and bedded it myself. I do have a different scope on it now, though.

I switched from the amg to a Leupold VX6HD 4-24x52 to pull a few ounces off it. If there were such thing as zero recoil this rifle has it.

I load 215s at 2955 fps

What you guys shoot for loads?
Peterson12, here are my rifle's two favorite loads. For both, I'm using WLRM primers and Norma brass that I can trim anywhere between 2.610 and 2.615 inches with good results. I full length size, but only just as much as I need.

Berger 210 Hunting VLD
75.5 grains H1000
Seated for 0.011 jump
Groups average 0.7 inches at 200 yards (4-shot groups)
Velocity = 2804 fps
Standard Deviation = 7 fps

Berger 185 Hunting VLD
72.2 grains H4831
Seated for 0.010 jump
Groups average 0.6-0.8 inches at 200 yards
Velocity = 2857 fps (Relatively light load, but it shot well enough that I never worked up the loads much more--a project for the future)
Standard deviation approximately 15 fps (would like to improve this...)

It likes 180 grain Accubonds and Barnes TTSX also, but not as much as the Bergers. I seat away from lands as it's a hunting rifle. I suspect the rifle/cartridges are better than I'm able to shoot, but I've been pleased with the results.

Good luck.

Peterson12, here are my rifle's two favorite loads. For both, I'm using WLRM primers and Norma brass that I can trim anywhere between 2.610 and 2.615 inches with good results. I full length size, but only just as much as I need.

Berger 210 Hunting VLD
75.5 grains H1000
Seated for 0.011 jump
Groups average 0.7 inches at 200 yards (4-shot groups)
Velocity = 2804 fps
Standard Deviation = 7 fps

Berger 185 Hunting VLD
72.2 grains H4831
Seated for 0.010 jump
Groups average 0.6-0.8 inches at 200 yards
Velocity = 2857 fps (Relatively light load, but it shot well enough that I never worked up the loads much more--a project for the future)
Standard deviation approximately 15 fps (would like to improve this...)

It likes 180 grain Accubonds and Barnes TTSX also, but not as much as the Bergers. I seat away from lands as it's a hunting rifle. I suspect the rifle/cartridges are better than I'm able to shoot, but I've been pleased with the results.

Good luck.
Looks like you are getting decent fps out of the load and your grouping is very good. Have to try h1000 soon as my store gets it in stock. Thanks for sharing!

Barrel: proof sendero lite 26"
Action: Stiller Predator
Muzzle brake: Nathan Wright's 4 port

It is an edge fill A3 sporter that I had hydro dipped by Lee Mecham at black ice coatings.

I had the barreled action chambered and muzzle brake installed by Northwest Action Works in Oregon and I inletted the stock and bedded it myself. I do have a different scope on it now, though.

I switched from the amg to a Leupold VX6HD 4-24x52 to pull a few ounces off it. If there were such thing as zero recoil this rifle has it.

I load 215s at 2955 fps
Weight?

What you guys shoot for loads?

Being the only wood stock posted so far, you can see the quality of the wood, it spends most of it time in the safe.

Also being built on a Mauser action I'm limited on COAL even though it has bottom metal...I still had to cut a notch in the feed ramp for 165's to clear.

In the next couple weeks I'm going to load up some heavier bullets that I may have to run single shot.

So far this build has sit in the safe after the first range trip. While I got my 264wm build up and running for deer season.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.