• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

.300 Win Mag with HS Precision, Timney, DBM

jpfrog

Remington 700 in .300 Winchester Magnum.

I don't think I'll have a need for this one in the fall, as I have a couple of other cartriges that will be getting used. As this is my "back up" .300 Win Mag, this is ready for a new home. Rifle has 197 rounds through it and has never been abused or run hot. It has only ever been fired at the range, off of a bench. When it had a Timney in it, which it no longer has, I took it to the range and was getting between .5 inch and .75 inch groups with Nosler Ballistic Tips and H1000. It also likes the 180 Accubonds, and got pretty decent results with initial tests on 215 Bergers.

Rifle specs:
*Factory 26" Varmint contour 1:10" twist barrel, originally the "Long Range" model. Rifle was sent back to Remington after 3 rounds fired to have the chamber smoothed out, and cycles like butter now.
*Upgraded HS Precision 5r Milspec Gen 2 take-off stock with aluminum bedding block. Stock is unmodified and in original condition.
*Leupold Mark 4 steel 1 piece picatinny scope base with 15moa built into it.
*Gunsmith modified floor plate/trigger guard to allow for wider Timney trigger (Timney trigger not included).

Pics attached- very clean rifle, perfect muzzle, with one minor wear mark on the bottom of the barrel above the forend of the stock. I've tried to show that in the picture. Picture of the muzzle has dust on it- those are not marks on the barrel.

I really like this rifle, but as mentioned, it's my back up in this cartridge and likely won't get used this fall. If anyone can use it for an upcoming hunt or two, or is looking for an affordable entry into the world of the .300 Winchester Magnum, send me a PM.

Not really looking for trades at the moment, as I'm saving my pennies for a scope to put on another rifle. If you think you might have something I can't live without, though, send me a PM and I'll consider it.

$750 shipped from an individual to your FFL. If your FFL requires items to be shipped from another FFL, add $25. PayPal as gift preferred, but will also take Postal Money Order, Cashier's check, or personal check. I will ship when payment method clears my bank. Thanks for looking- PM with any questions.

**Edited 9/5/2018 - If the package is not quite what you like, I will separate them all and sell the barreled action with factory bottom metal for $425 shipped to your FFL from an individual. That would be only the action, barrel, factory trigger, factory floor plate/internal magazine/spring/follower, and action screws.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I have a Huskemaw 5-20lr with box and paperwork that we could do some trading. Maybe we could work something out.
Thank you for the offer, but I'm saving to buy an ATACR F1, Swarovski, or Razor Gen2.

Last edited:
If the upgrades aren't quite what you like, I will separate them all and sell the barreled action with factory bottom metal for $450 shipped to your FFL from an individual. That would be only the action, barrel, factory trigger, factory floor plate/internal magazine/spring/follower, and action screws.

Reduced- $750 shipped for the package or $425 shipped for the barreled action and factory bottom metal only.

Last edited:
Up top- the season is right around the corner and this rifle will make a great addition to whatever trips you have planned!

Remington has the original 700 Long Range listed as 8.75 pounds. Bell and Carlson has the original stock as ~2.5 pounds, which I removed and replaced with the HS Precision that is also ~2.5 pounds. So, with the rail I'd say it's about 9 pounds. To be sure, I can weigh when I get home tonight.

FYI- the Timney and DBM are no longer available. I have updated the listing accordingly. I will also sell the barreled action only, or pull the barrel and sell the action, or sell the stock only...let me know.