300 win mag with 210 Vld

H1000 seems to be a very popular choice for powder. I just purchased some IMR 4831 to load with 210 VLD's and wonder if you all had tried shooting this powder at all. Thought I would try this powder out since it's what I will be shooting in my .280 A.I. Still fairly new to reloading and reading as much as I can on the topic to best spend my money. Plus the wait for the products take some time to get here if I can find a place to back order it from. Thanks for your time and info.
I broke my barrel in with IMR4831 shooting 190smk's it seemed to do very well going off the top of my head I think I loaded 68 grs. I do know the vel was 2700fps that was going from my drops and running it through shooter must have been close as it put me on 10" steel at 800. I just walked out to my office to check the load didn't want to give you false info. As I thought it was 68grs. which is the minimum in Hodgdon's manual, in Berger the max load is 67.5 try to figure that out. Good luck, and welcome to LRH. Hold tight to your check book:D
Rick

Art, thanks for the info on retumba I will start looking for some tomorrow, and I guess I will go ahead and get the 210's as I said I have a source for those. I do have about 60 of the 215's still, that will get me through the season this year, I just won't be able to get in the practice that I would like with a new rifle. At least my come ups seem to be on the money. If I come across any H1000 I will let you know I just cracked open my last 8lb. jug yesterday.
Rick

210gr Berger
2900 FPS
3.56" COAL
79.0 of H1000
FC brass and RWS Large Rifle Primer

The is my load in my Rem 700 5R in 26"

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts