300 win mag with 1/8 twist?

So I heard back from the smith. They make their own barrels in-house. She told me they don't do 1/9 twist barrels (which I thought was weird). Anyway, if they would have told me up front it would have been nicer. Knowing the 1/8 not only won't hurt, but may even improve things is a big relief. Thanks guys

Glad you're happy and I think it will do well for you.

However that is not ok and I would halt my business with that smith over something like that. To agree to do work and then not build what a customer directly asked for, not tell them, then charge them for it? Not cool.

Better than when I had harts do my .257 and told them the lightest I'd go is 115 gr and heavier so he could guide me as it was my first build. I got a 1/10 and now I can't shoot any of the cool long monos.

.......Yep, that crossed my mind too but I already have a 22", 24", and 27" in .30 cal that I that I can move my Eliteiron Bravo to. :D.........

Dude that's sounding like more than just a preference! .30's are great, but a little more variety in ones diet is healthier!:rolleyes: We may have to schedule an intervention!

....Better than when I had harts do my .257 and told them the lightest I'd go is 115 gr and heavier so he could guide me as it was my first build. I got a 1/10 and now I can't shoot any of the cool long monos.

Heavier, and longer is a trend that will be here for a while.

My head wasn't clear when I wrote that, now that I'm a little better caffeinated there's at least 3, .30's in my safe. So maybe less an intervention, more of a group.:oops:

My head wasn't clear when I wrote that, now that I'm a little better caffeinated there's at least 3, .30's in my safe. So maybe less an intervention, more of a group.:oops:
You're fine. I have 3 300wm's and 3 300 Rum's. They sit beside the 3 7mm STW's, and now 3 375 Rugers.

My wife is starting to consider a long term in house treatment center!

I got you, I have (3) .300 WMs, (1) .300 WSM, (1) .30 LARA, (1) .30-06, (1) .30-30, (1) .30 Carbine, and (2) 7.62 x 39 ... I think that's it for the .308s/.312s. ;)

I got you, I have (3) .300 WMs, (1) .300 WSM, (1) .30 LARA, (1) .30-06, (1) .30-30, (1) .30 Carbine, and (2) 7.62 x 39 ... I think that's it for the .308s/.312s. ;)
You have me on the 30's by a couple, I wasn't including the M1A's.

You're a long way from catching up on the rest though. ... .:D

Starting to contemplate a 300 PRC. Knowing that is fast twist is going to be needed, who do recommend that is making a 1-8 or 1-8.5 in .30. Did a bit of looking around on the net and didn't find much available, at least in stock.