300 Win Mag??? Weird Shooting Chrony Master F1 8.8:8.8 reading

This guy had accuracy problems with his TC Venture.See the video on how he fixed his problem.

Haha!

I didn't expect to see the bases being loose as the problem.

Now to add to that I know that my buddy burned through a box of high dollar shells last fall trying to get this sighted in.
He blamed the old scope and went and bought the diamond back to put on it. Same luck. Terrible groups!
He then discovered the loose bases.

He then got it sighted in good enough to take on his elk hunt. I think he even filled a cow tag he had with it.

He still wasn't impressed with the accuracy so he enlisted the help of a true "expert" ... me(hahahaha).

I think I may take the scope off locktite the bases and see what happens!!!!!!! Too **** easy if that works.:D

So I took the scope off. It didn't seem loose but I wasn't sure that I might be wiggling it. When I went to loosen the base screws I used like zero pressure on a screw driver with a torx bit. Like almost no pressure what so ever and they came right out. So I locktited the screws and totally reinstalled from scratch I am hoping that cures it. I also took it out of the stock and did some carving/sanding on the front end a little bit. The left side at the front 2" of forestock was contacting barrel. (Freefloated now) Otherwise it fits pretty dang tight in the stock.
Want to shoot it but am resisting and gonna let the lock tire cure 24 hours. Hope it works as good as the video above!!!

Those two things should help a lot.I had a rifle that was floated and over time the wood stock was making a little contact on one side of the barrel near the tip of the forearm.That rifle had always shot really tight but my groups went to hell with the barrel touching the stock.I sanded out the channel a little and the groups returned to excellent.Those bases are probably aluminum.I hate aluminum mounts because you can get them tight and the next thing you know they are loose.My Sako A7 rifles came with aluminum bases.I put blue lecture on the screws and have had zero issues with them.

Those two things should help a lot.I had a rifle that was floated and over time the wood stock was making a little contact on one side of the barrel near the tip of the forearm.That rifle had always shot really tight but my groups went to hell with the barrel touching the stock.I sanded out the channel a little and the groups returned to excellent.Those bases are probably aluminum.I hate aluminum mounts because you can get them tight and the next thing you know they are loose.My Sako A7 rifles came with aluminum bases.I put blue lecture on the screws and have had zero issues with them.
So I was hoping for spectacular results. I think it did help. May need to try different bullets for him. If they ever become available.
Below are the results.
5B0D9272-B34C-4B81-9CCC-AD59B13193BA.jpeg

First three after scope remount and barrel float.
676E4D54-B5DD-447C-BC8B-CF36945FD4F2.jpeg

This pic I am not sure scope moved like it should have. 6 shots in 2.5" or 5 in 1.934??? Scope? Or gun? Or ammo?
A585E9B2-0490-4A7D-A0A6-DA3D277A78B2.jpeg
Just for comparison.
4BF54274-D128-4235-B2EE-25A8493CB81C.jpeg

This last pic I let the gun cool about 6-7 minutes between shots. Fluke? Or gonna have to be cool barrel?

So I do think the remount and barrel float helped. No more 3 shot groups that measure a full three inch's.
Still wanna try to get it better.

Last edited:
So I did shoot this at 400 yards. I got a 2 MOA group and then a 1 MOA group. So about the same MOA size at 400 as 100.
Would any of you try messing with seating depth or???? to try to improve this?