300 win mag rifles

o bought a new 300 wsm $1200 rem and the throat was cut off center. new from the factory.
was the first factory rifle I had bought in 20 years. I do not buy factory mass produced rifles any more. consider saving your money while you learn how to reload your 308's.
I had a Remington 700 7mm rem mag with the whole chamber off center. The once fired brass came out lop sided. Case head was visually warped after firing. Believe or not, it would consistently shoot 1/2 moa with virgin brass but brass was garbage after that. Sent it back to Remington and I told them the chamber was cut off center. They sent it back with a new action & barrel with old bolt. It's been shooting great since then and that was a long time ago. I can put together a what I want with a nice barrel for about the same cost or less than the price of the big manufacturers premium rifles. No need for me to spend big bucks on a factory rifle.

I have a 5R in 300WM too, hasn't been fired by me at all, it's been thoroughly checked over and cleaned, which I bore scoped, everything looks mint.
I haven't even thought about mounting a scope, rings or bases on this thing yet. I have too many projects all at once. I was going to true up the LR and move it on, but it shoots so darn good.
I think I have too many 300WM rifles, 3 Kimbers a Classic a Select & Super America, 2 Wins an EW & Supergrade and 3 Rem 700's a Sendero II, a LR and the 5R.
I really like my Kimber Classic and Win EW for stalking, both are light.

Cheers.

o bought a new 300 wsm $1200 rem and the throat was cut off center. new from the factory.
was the first factory rifle I had bought in 20 years. I do not buy factory mass produced rifles any more. consider saving your money while you learn how to reload your 308's.
That's more than likely what I'm going to do I know of a gun smith near me that I'm going to talk to about building a rifle one member on here has work done by him as well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.