.300 Win Mag Primer?

Thanks, I have Gold Metal LRM and Tula LRM. The Federals are left over from loading for my .300 RUM's. The Tula's I load in my other standard cartridges. I opened my Lee Deluxe die set this a.m. and it says to use LR. I never heard of using a LR primer with a case capacity of such, but I thought not, that is why I checked. I could have checked one of my reloading manuals, but that would have been to easy.

Thanks again,
Don Dunlap

I've read that many seem to think that it depends on the powder and amount.
Been using IMR 4831 in the lower 70 Gns with WLP and CCI LRP, have to admit it hasn't been working out, 0r this 300WM just doesn't like these sierras.

I honestly do not believe a magnum primer makes SFA difference until loads start running at 90gr or more, but in my own magnums and my 25-06, magnum primers are used.
I always start with Fed 215's, if accuracy can be improved, I try the same loads with WLRM's, it normally ends there just by tweaking the charge weight and then seating depth.

Cheers.
gun)

I prepped some once fired Remington brass that was fired in this rifle today. Collet sized them and primed them with Federal Gold Medal Match 215m. After I shoot them I will set my FL die up using my Hornaday headspace tool. The rifle is a Savage FCP HS stock, bought it to play with. These will be loaded with 175 SMK for now, later I'm gonna run 208 Amax's in it. I need to get me some more brass first.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.