300 win mag or 300 weatherby

Either will get you to 1000 yards Smithy.
I'd go with the 300 Win myself. You'll get better barrel life and have a much larger selection of brass as well. Plus you won't have to deal with the double radius shoulder on the 300 WBY case. If your a reloader, you'll grow to appreciate the benifits.
With that being said, I do have a 300 WBY in the safe, but no 300Win:confused::D

I mulled over the same question several years ago and finaly chosse the 399 Win and glad that I did. 300 Win for me for sure. When I want a 30 ca with more umph than the 300 win, IO move up to the 300 RUM.

Both are excellant and both are super at 1k. Lot of records set with both.

The weatherby would be my choice IF you order a min SAAMI reamer with appropriate freebore for your bullet. The weatherby has a definite advantage with the 240 SMKs. Factory chambered rifle, go with the Win Mag.

No issue reloading either of the two and barrel life is exactly the same with same reloads. Both require dies to be set to headspace off the shoulder. Both will go 1000-1400 rds top gilt edge accuracy.

Excellant brass for both with the RWS (best brass available) available for you in Europe which is easier and cheaper to buy there. Again gives the advantage to the Weatherby.

I have reloaded and shot both competitively and will take the Weatherby hands down.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.