300 win mag ladder at 325 yds

Wyo220

I ran a ladder last night with ADG 300 win brass that has been fireformed. I used 215 bergers seated .010 off, H 1000, and cci 250s. I started at 73 gr and went to 77 gr in .5 gr increments. There is nothing earth shattering here, but a nice comfirmation of the nodes. The ADG brass is awsome.

Attachments

• 20180808_211817.jpg
    20180808_211817.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 270
I chambered this rifle with "Broz's" 300 win reamer I bought from JGS. I am really happy with it. Its a rem varmit contour Bartlein 1:9 twist 5c. I shot 3-3 shot groups from low to high with 15 min or so between groups. I shot from a bipod and rear bag.

I chambered this rifle with "Broz's" 300 win reamer I bought from JGS. I am really happy with it. Its a rem varmit contour Bartlein 1:9 twist 5c. I shot 3-3 shot groups from low to high with 15 min or so between groups. I shot from a bipod and rear bag.
My reamer is the Rhian Mantha version (RM 300wm), bought from JGS also. That is the reamer Broz used at one time. Just wondering if he changed any of the specs on it.

Mine is the exact same reamer. For me and those I have used it for it does exactly what it was designed for. I wont post the load but I shot several groups like this with rl 26 and 215s. It is just really really hard on brass.

20180809_214741.jpg

I ran a ladder last night with ADG 300 win brass that has been fireformed. I used 215 bergers seated .010 off, H 1000, and cci 250s. I started at 73 gr and went to 77 gr in .5 gr increments. There is nothing earth shattering here, but a nice comfirmation of the nodes. The ADG brass is awsome.
Are you using a chrono by chance? Just curious what speeds you guys are getting with that specific reamer. My SAAMI spec chamber is accurate but I pressure out before 75 grains. Velocity around 2900fps is the most accurate for me.

That'll work. A question: What base to datum length are you getting on fully formed brass? I understand tools are different, just wondering. I'm using the early Sig brass, made by ADG. New brass base to datum was .022" shorter than my chamber. Even though it's belted, I put a tight false shoulder on it and fireformed. Got to within .003" of my 3x fired brass base to datum length.

My measurnments will differ from yours because I intentionally ran the reamer .010 farther than standard. I move the shoulder about .028 from virgin ADG brass. I use 212 elds seated .020 into the lands and a mid load of retumbo to fire form. I am getting them to full length in one shot.

A friend and I just split a labdar unit. It should be here next week. According to drops the 77 gr load is right at 3000 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.