300 Win Mag HELP

Thanks for the input guys. I guess the next question is which one to get? I want one the same size as the barrel or close to it.

There are excellent muzzle brakes out in the market this day but it boils down to personal preference. I do not care for radial brakes (ports/holes all around) esp. when shooting prone.

My Savage 111F in .300 Win Mag has a Holland QD brake and my SAKO M995 in .300 Win Mag has a custom muzzle brake by a gunsmith, it's similar to Holland's QD except with 4-ports on each side. Both rifle felt recoil is comparable to that of a .243 depending on load. I have a JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley on my .270 AI and the darn thing shoots like a .223.

It also depends on your muzzle diameter what kind of muzzle brake can be fitted. The larger the surface area the more effective the reduction is (I'm sure the resident gunsmith's will be here shortly to expound it), that is why most are coming up with slabbed design, i.e., APS's Pain Killer, JEC's Assassin, Benchmark's tactical, CSR's muscle brake, etc ...

I just have my 1st slabbed design muzzle brake on my .300 WSM ... just got it back from the gunsmith last week but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

BenchmarkTacticalBrake-Mini_zps19e806bc.jpg

0222151151_zps33b372ef.jpg

0217151724_zpsd515fdf0.jpg

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.