300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

I'm looking for a little quickload help. Rifle 300 WM NSWC chamber, bartlein 25.5" micro vias.

Load:
Nosler Brass
Br2 primer
83.8 grains retumbo
225 eld m .020 off lands
COAL 3.680
2960 fps at 50' above sea level

This load has not shown too much pressure until yesterday, the temps were in the upper 90's. I had light ejector marks on most of my brass. This is an accuracy load and I hate to change it but I don't want to be un safe either. Please help.

I'm looking for a little quickload help. Rifle 300 WM NSWC chamber, bartlein 25.5" micro vias.

Load:
Nosler Brass
Br2 primer
83.8 grains retumbo
225 eld m .020 off lands
COAL 3.680
2960 fps at 50' above sea level

This load has not shown too much pressure until yesterday, the temps were in the upper 90's. I had light ejector marks on most of my brass. This is an accuracy load and I hate to change it but I don't want to be un safe either. Please help.

IMO, your running a pretty hot load. I'd probably back off your load. My 300WM load using Norma(Nosler) brass with Berger 215's tops out at 79gr of Retumbo with slight flattening of the primers. My accuracy load is 79gr of Retumbo. I'm getting 2890 FPS, ES <10FPS, and .25-.35MOA.

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with Nosler brass primer pockets growing larger. I have a savage 300 winmag model 111 LRH and I have worked up a very nice load 80.5 g Retumbo 208 A-Max with Federal 215-m primers and after about 3 shots on the case I aneal the brass and full length size and now this is my second box of brass witch the primer pockets growing to large. I have other Nosler brass with 13 shots thru them and still ok. Hopefully I can get some help on this THX
Are your primers flattening after you fire? That could be the end result of over pressure issues. That'd be my guess anyway.

[QUOTE="excaliber,
I like the accuracy of the ELD-X but I'm not so sure about the way the bullet tend to blow up and destroy animals. I'm probably going back to the Accubond as I like the way it stays together much better.[/QUOTE]

Poor bullet penetration, violent expansion, what are the destruction issues with the bullet?

I shoot the 178 ELD-X outta my 300 win mag. The most accurate load I've found with great velocity is as follows: Hornady brass, Winchester WLRM primer, RL26 @76.5gn (3.5gn off max recommended load) COAL of 3.330, MVavg of 3203fps. Groups @ .5 with a 5 shots @200yd. No pressure signs, clean burn my rifle likes this load anyway. I live in an area of huge temperature variations and there has been no issues with the powder whether temp is 28F or 85F. This load is very consistent for me .
Hey Pozino33,
What type of rifle do you have, and what is the barrel length?

I built a .300WM on an old Turk Mauser using a Rem 700 barrel, so my barrel length is 23 5/8". Thanks for posting this load data!

I have good test results for the 212-g ELDX with my 300 win-mag savage, Just doing a powder test right out of the box I have 1 test cell that I shot a really tight clover leaf group with all 3 holes less than half inch MOA and the test cells before and after that group also were really tight and that was with 78-g of Retumbo Nosler brass and Federal 215-m primer and coal at 3345. I don't think I'am even going to do a bullet seating test.

Hey Pozino33,
What type of rifle do you have, and what is the barrel length?

I built a .300WM on an old Turk Mauser using a Rem 700 barrel, so my barrel length is 23 5/8". Thanks for posting this load data!

I shoot a custom G.A. Precision rifle. It's got a 25" bartlien 5R bull sporter barrel #4 contour. The twist is 10.5
I've been shooting the 300win mag as my go to everything caliber for 15 years. This rifle barrel throws those bullets down range faster than any of my old 300's. If you get the chance to rebuild a rifle. I recommend getting a kick *** bartlein barrel. Makes a HUGE difference and worth the money. Hope this helps.

I shoot a custom G.A. Precision rifle. It's got a 25" bartlien 5R bull sporter barrel #4 contour. The twist is 10.5
I've been shooting the 300win mag as my go to everything caliber for 15 years. This rifle barrel throws those bullets down range faster than any of my old 300's. If you get the chance to rebuild a rifle. I recommend getting a kick *** bartlein barrel. Makes a HUGE difference and worth the money. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the follow up, I'll definitely look to that for my next barrel then on the old Mauser.

My buddy has the 200 grainers shooting 0.5 MOA out of his 300 WSM and I"ve got the 212 grainers doing the same out of my 300 RUM. Another friend will be developing loads for his 300 Win Mag but he hasn't done it yet. Bottom line - they shoot good and, oh yeah, the tips don't melt half way to the target!

What powder are you using out of your rum? Did you have any trouble finding seating depth?

Dialing in the new 30 Nosler tomorrow morning.
88F3378B-E456-4335-A7FA-22020E2D1E41.jpeg

I'am shooting a stock Savage 300-win-mag Mode 111 in the LRH with just a little bedding job and a slight trim inside the fwd stock for 100% free floating and a factory barrel