300 win mag data request

Brown Dog

Prepping for an upcoming Scottish trip has forced me to blow the cobwebs off my 300 -and I've finally got hold of some 180 Accubonds and noticed my magazine will allow me to seat them about 5mm longer than SAAMI standard. Not sure how this change will affect internal ballistics.

Would one of you out there with "Quickload" be kind enough to crunch the following data for me in order to find the recommended optimum charge weight for the following:

Calibre: 300 Win Mag
Barrel length (breech face to muzzle): 25.787in (65.5cm)
Powder: Viht N165
Bullet: 180gr Accubond
Brass: Norma
OAL: 3.515in (8.928cm) [longest OAL my magazine will permit –still short of rifling by 1.45mm!]
Primer: Fed 210M (ie not magnum primer)

Very many thanks!

[ 11-24-2004: Message edited by: Brown Dog ]

Surely, one of you with Quickload is staring -bored- out into the long winter night?
smile.gif

No quick load here. Lots of experience with .300 Win mag and 180gr. bullets though.

IMR4350 works in most rifles.

RL22 gives great velocity, though accuracy was not there for me. (ie sub moa.)

Accuracy for a 180gr. bullet, choose your maker, was found using IMR4831.

I know that's not what you were looking for, but I hope it helps...sakofan....RL22 is the new go to powder for a .300 WM it seems.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.