300 Win Mag Component Advice

Thats the 1st report ever negative I ever heard on Peterson.

My experience has been great.

What was wrong w yours?
I bought 50 pieces of Peterson 300 win mag and it's been awesome! No comparison to any of generic brands as far as consistency and longevity. But I'm not questioning that @Veteran had a bad experience…I too want more details!

Hey it wasnt me......PDshooter2 was the poster who at first thought Peterson brass was trash....but I see he now edited his post...
it was all a case of mistaken identity evidently......it was Bertram brass he did not like, not Peterson.

I never even heard of Bertram brass, but I love Peterson brass.

To add another rifle to the mix, my Bergara Premier Highlander shoots really well. Action is insanely smooth for a factory rifle. I am still in the load development stage, but so far I am getting sub-moa groups with mostly everything I throw down it. I have been reluctant to really fine tune with the Berger 215's because those are like finding bigfoot right now.

I own a Cooper model 92 Backcountry in 300 win mag shoots 1/2 with factory ammo (not even premium ammo) for me that's all the better I can see lol with a vx6 on it under 6 1/2 lbs carry it all day anywhere without effort 👍

I've been using CCI-250's in my 300 Win with the Barnes 175 LRX using RL-26 for several years with good results. JME

I have used AA XMR4350, IMR 7828 and just started using the IMR4166. All of these have worked in my rifle. Different grain weights were tried until one load was picked. Like 7828 that was 77 grains with a 165 grain bullet, fps was around 3050. I load down these days, the start load of IMR4166 with a 165 grain bullet more than enough for where I am hunting.

26 is a hidden jewel for the 300 win mag
71 grains of IMR 4831 works well for my 300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Tac . Not sure of the speeds but 3 shot groups were good .

Attachments

• 300 mag.jpg
    300 mag.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 300 win mag.jpg
    300 win mag.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 49
To add another rifle to the mix, my Bergara Premier Highlander shoots really well. Action is insanely smooth for a factory rifle. I am still in the load development stage, but so far I am getting sub-moa groups with mostly everything I throw down it. I have been reluctant to really fine tune with the Berger 215's because those are like finding bigfoot right now.
My buddy just picked one of those up in 308 and has nothing but good things to say about it. What optics are you guys running? I'm leaning toward a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15.

My buddy just picked one of those up in 308 and has nothing but good things to say about it. What optics are you guys running? I'm leaning toward a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15.
It is a sweet rifle. I never thought I cared about having a smooth action until I got my Bergara Premier haha.

I run a Nightforce 4-32 NX8 - also have nothing but good to say about that scope. I also love my Vortex's though, I just wanted to give NF a try and so far I love it.