300 win mag brass

codym

I've looked around and got conflicting info. Is Norma 300 win brass the same as Nosler 300 win brass. I read that Nosler is just weight sorted Norma brass. I got a batch of once fired Nosler brass and I want to throw it in with my Norma but I will keep them separate unless I can get confirmation that its the same. Thanks guys.

Norma seems to be the most consistent. I would look into Bertram brass also. I recently tried out Sig brass and I'm not very happy.

I just bought 200 ADG 300 WM. They look good. Lots of good reviews on ADG brass comparing them to lapua. I'm expecting great things but still waiting on my rifle to be built. So nothing first hand except looking at them.

To answer your question, yes I've been told that Norma make Nosler brass, my buddy even saw the Norma stamped barrels when he visited Nosler last year.

Norma issued a note on their website that they have changed 300WM brass, older than 2017 production brass is thinner than newer production brass. The new stuff is thicker and heavier in the web area, apparently.
I'm yet to see any of this heavier brass, as all my Norma brass is much lighter in weight than Lapua, Winchester, Remington or Federal that I have on hand. Federal is heaviest, yet it is extremely SOFT in the head.

Cheers.
:)

You can think of your two groups of brass as being from two different lot. Therefore treat them as two batches and don't combine them.

Every piece of Norma and Nosler 300 win mag brass I have had was the same for all intents and purposes. The Nosler brass has more prep work done to it. Is it worth more money? I do not think so. I would say as long as it weights ~215 grains treat it as equal.

Every piece of Norma and Nosler 300 win mag brass I have had was the same for all intents and purposes. The Nosler brass has more prep work done to it. Is it worth more money? I do not think so. I would say as long as it weights ~215 grains treat it as equal.

This is true. If it weighs ~215 grains it's most likely produced by Norma no matter what headstamp it has. Here are some headstamps that I know of that fall into this category: ABM, Lapua, Norma, and Nosler.

When I built my 300 WM, I started with the first run of ADG brass, then tried RWS, and settled on Winchester brass. ADG & RWS is nice brass, however it didn't perform all that great in my chamber. ES was 20-30 fps spread for both. I switched to winchester brass, and immediately got outstanding groups and low ES in single digits using 215's.

I have another run of ADG brass, and plan to retest.

Rws has some of the toughest longest lasting brass I have ever used. It tends to be a bit thicker but strength is beyond lapua IMO. Issue is its not cheap at all. For max vol and toughness betram can reach a nice balance. ADG of course is very good as well. Actually lots of great choices considering lapua doesn't do belts lol

Lapua used to load belted mags, 300WM, 300 Weatherby & 300 H&H.
As far as I remember, only 300WM was offered as a component, but that may be incorrect.
Lapua cases definitely don't weigh anywhere near 215gr.

There was talk of Lapua taking up short runs of 7RM & 300WM.

Cheers.
:D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.