300 win mag brass selection

601handryan

I'm enquiring about 300 win mag brass. I've been loading Nosler brass and have had good results with it. Problem is I only have 100 cases and can't find it ANYWHERE!!! I can get Norma brass and Hornady brass rather easily. Can anyone share their experiences with quality of Norma vs Hornady. I purchased 50 Norma brass to try. Just wondering how they compare to Nosler. I've already got hunting loads with Nosler brass so those should last a while. What I'm looking for is something that I can get a fair amount of (500 or so) that I can load for shooting steel and that will last a while.
Thanks
Ryan

Your Nosler brass IS Norma brass.
I use a lot of Norma brass, it is good quality, albeit a little soft, as too is Nosler brass, in my experience.

Cheers.
gun)

I like Norma brass. The primer pockets tend to be tight, but they loosen up a bit with use and stay snug through the life of the brass. The Norma/Nosler brass has about 2.5 gr of capacity over the Winchester, the dimension and weight is tightly controlled, and I have found that I can get 10 or more reloads, annealing after 6 firings, I think it's worth the extra cost and most importantly, it's available.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.