300 Win Mag Brass Best of the Best

motrapper

Ok I Know there are Lots of personal preferences.
I just purchased a Ruger Precision Rifle in 300 Win Mag and a Mark 5HD 5x25 56 TMR Illum.
So I am Looking for the Best option on Brass for ELR targets and Hunting.
One of the foundations is the Brass.
I am getting started with Norma Brass which was easiest to Find next I got 100 Lapua what is your thoughts to get and stay with from your experience!
Using Foster Full length sizer and Foster Ultra Micro Seater
Have Hornady Head space and comparator systems.
Will shoulder bump around 2 thou and start seating around 20 thou and work back.
Thank You

ADG is good, I'd also look at Peterson. Lapua would be up there as well.

I run a lot of high end brass. The additional bonus of long case life with Peterson is worth you checking out.

Best two on the market are Lapua and Peterson and if you can get it, the Peterson .300 WM LONG brass

There are several threads here explaining the function and advantage of .300 WM Long. Just search them out.

Lapua is the best brass bar none.
The case head hardness is right up there, capacity is excellent and uniform across the batch.
Norma brass is soft and thin in the web, doesn't last long at max pressure. It is good brass, just not for the long haul.
Lapua's new 300WM brass is what I'll be using next season exclusively for F-class open.

Cheers.

The best brass I have ever used was RWS 6.5x55 Swede. It lasted for 30+ firings and never needed trimming. This was back in the early 90's and it was 4 times the cost of PMC, which had an issue at the time with excessive headspace from the factory.

Cheers.

Best of the best? I have 50 pieces of RCC machined .300 WinMag brass that I've been playing with. Actually have only used 2, trying to see how many firings I can get per piece. Let's just say it got frustrating and I am just gonna start loading them for normal usage, can't afford to waist the powder and primers any more! If not ran overly hot and annealed on occasion two bags (100 pieces) could last the lifetime of a barrel. It better for $300+ per 50. If the Gollum of the range were to come by and start picking up "my precious" brass, it would probably start a fist fight.😁 But then again, this stuff doesn't hit the ground.

Best of the best? I have 50 pieces of RCC machined .300 WinMag brass that I've been playing with. Actually have only used 2, trying to see how many firings I can get per piece. Let's just say it got frustrating and I am just gonna start loading them for normal usage, can't afford to waist the powder and primers any more! If not ran overly hot and annealed on occasion two bags (100 pieces) could last the lifetime of a barrel. It better for $300+ per 50. If the Gollum of the range were to come by and start picking up "my precious" brass, it would probably start a fist fight.😁 But then again, this stuff doesn't hit the ground.
As stated, Lapua will be your top pick in the normal price range followed by adg

If your not worried about initial purchase cost, rcc is worth a look Different brass composition and manufacturing process results in a very consistent and durable case They state up to 20 firings I haven't bought any yet but I may jump in on a wildcat chambering in looking at

IMO it is RWS. Been shooting a heavy 1000 yd bench gun with 300 Win mag brass that is an improved version. It seems to last forever even with warm loads. It does have a slightly smaller internal capacity due to its thicker case walls.

This brass is lasting so long that the second 100 pcs may never get used. Thinking of making a second gun for the other 100 pcs of brass!