300 Win Mag and RL-26

3.562 that all the mag. Will allow I have no idea how far off the lands it is. I jus got lucky with the COAL working

You got lucky with that mag length too! I have to load to 3.475 to work in mag. .120" from lands but that doesn't seem to matter much. My groups are same as my 3.570" single fed rounds. .025" off lands.

I've shot this load at two elk and both are grave yard dead. It's a shame I'm so sneaky because I kill both them elk under 150 yards. I haven't proven it yet but I'm counting on this load to be effective at distance also.
5CBD8DA0-1277-4E89-9AA1-9C3E6855063B.jpeg
E39EE27C-D024-4A1A-80AA-8FF81B7CB01D.jpeg

I've shot this load at two elk and both are grave yard dead. It's a shame I'm so sneaky because I kill both them elk under 150 yards. I haven't proven it yet but I'm counting on this load to be effective at distance also.View attachment 185366View attachment 185367

Hello Mpayne ,

What length is the barrel on your rifle shown resting on the cow elk ?
Is this the same rifle that you shot the 2 targets shown in your previous post , and listed a velocity of 2965 FPS , with 212 gr ELD-X and H1000 ? What brand of brass were you loading ?
Nice elk , nice rifle , and great targets . Congratulations !

Thank You ,
DMP25-06

Yes it's the same gun it's stock Bergara HMR so I think 26" with a brake that I bought off the Begera web site. The brass could be Remington Winchester nothing too expensive. When the gun was new it shot the first group a little slower than it shooting now at the 2965

FYI - I will be doing ladder with RL-26 and the new Sierra 180 grain Gamechanger with Gen 1 Sendero 300WM once the snow stops! I was lucky to grab a box of these sine I was waiting for them to come out. I am hoping they shoot like all the other Sierra's I have shot. The 180 GC has good BC, tough bullet according to design (yet to be proven on game for me) and I like how consistent they are for seating. Will post up in this thread once I can get ladder down. FYI - I do have the ladder top at 78.5 grains which I think will be likely top end for pressure indicators.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.