300 Win Mag and RL-26

Double Dropper

Scored a couple of pounds of the desired powder, been waiting a while so started the loads today. Played back and forth with Remington Brass and ADG brass. Loading pressure for either was pretty close to the same. Both brass were sorted, and finalized with bushing dies, ADG were/are very consistent. CCI 250 in the ADG and Fed 215GM in the Remington. Definitely started lower with the new batch and worked my way up, Custom 26" barrel and max COAL due to the mag box is about 3.514. Started with 180 grain Accubonds, 190 grain Bergers, 190 grain Accubond LR's, 200 grain ELDX and Accubonds. Loaded up some 212 ELDX in the Remmys but did not shoot these. The most accurate bullet in the bunch.......not what I expected but the 180 grain Accubonds??? Didnt push real hard and stopped at 78.5 grains, primers were very flat and slight extractor mark on the base, rolled it back to 77.5 and loaded up 20 more. Easy loading with RL-26 and it seems more consistent than H1000 and RL-25.

Glad you started this thread. I've got a .300 Win Mag being assembled at my Smith's right now....should have it back in a week or two. I saw 5 lbs of RL26 at my local gun-store (before all this craziness began) and bought it all. Couldn't find H1000 or anything similar anywhere.
I was going to try the Berger 210vld and was also considering the Hornady 208gr ELDM. You ever shoot those with RL26?

I'd probably soil my pants if I saw RL26 in person, let alone available online. 🤣 I did find RL23, and IMR 7977 at a gun show before the rona hit. 212 ELDX with RL23 cooking 2830s in 24"bbl. A bit over MOA. I couldn't find a single charge weight with 7977 that worked. 2.5" groups. 😳 Winchester and PPU brass.

212 ELDX with 65.5 AA4350 in Win brass shooting subMOA, consistently. Sometimes I just get lucky and shoot a group sub MOA and then can't recreate the performance again. Not with this recipe. It's golden. 2770 fps though. Would like to stay north of 2800.

So I found H1000 8lbs available for an hour online and took a stab in the dark and bought a keg. Hopefully it shows up this week. Looks like a popular charge weight is 75-76grs for 200+ bullets.

71gr RL23 and 200 Accubond started promising. First shot punched out the center of the bullseye 🎯. Two more with 1/2 MOA. Something about a loading that requires no zero change..

I can't get myself to fork the cash for ADG brass. I'm surprised it was same case capacity as Remington. Heard great things about the stuff.

I did not scientifically measure the internal capacities, they both just seemed to reach pressure signs at the same peak, and I was playing with multiple powders. Handy when you can load upstairs, walk down and shoot off the deck. Only 100 yards but shooting with your jammies on LOL!

I do hear great things about RL-23, its on my list to try. I loaded the 212 ELDX up with 8133,,bout 77 grains havent shot it yet. ADG brass, $82 Canadian and Winchester is about $65 Canadian, its worth it.

I can't get myself to fork the cash for ADG brass. I'm surprised it was same case capacity as Remington. Heard great things about the stuff.

Just received a shipment of ADG brass a few days ago in .300 WinMag. Will be my first time trying it. I figured I probably should since their Headquarters is in my home state. Initial measurements are very consistent.

Glad you started this thread. I've got a .300 Win Mag being assembled at my Smith's right now....should have it back in a week or two. I saw 5 lbs of RL26 at my local gun-store (before all this craziness began) and bought it all. Couldn't find H1000 or anything similar anywhere.
I was going to try the Berger 210vld and was also considering the Hornady 208gr ELDM. You ever shoot those with RL26?
Not as of yet been playing with what I have on hand. It really depends on the brass as I noticed WW and others have a larger internal capacity. This definitely affected the loads

I did not scientifically measure the internal capacities, they both just seemed to reach pressure signs at the same peak, and I was playing with multiple powders. Handy when you can load upstairs, walk down and shoot off the deck. Only 100 yards but shooting with your jammies on LOL!

I do hear great things about RL-23, its on my list to try. I loaded the 212 ELDX up with 8133,,bout 77 grains havent shot it yet. ADG brass, $82 Canadian and Winchester is about $65 Canadian, its worth it.

Understood on the brass. I'm getting Win and PPU at $20 per 50. RL26 been unavailable the past 3 months everywhere I know locally and online.

I lived in the country once. Had pretty much unlimited range. Boy do I miss shooting in my man jammies! Load development took a couple hours, now it can take weeks to settle on something. I have to drive 8 miles and get 100yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts