300 win mag and 215 Berger questions

Do you have Hornady's #9 reloading book, please read page 24, 25 and 26. you will correct some of your thinking about bullet seating VS pressure and velocity.
you sound like you have either a tight chamber or thick brass. it could be that you have a slightly hotter lot of H-1000.
No I do not have a hornady book. Berger has a nice write up in their book I was basing my info from unless I misunderstood it which I may have.

I have a 300 wm xbolt could not get h1000 to be constent.ended up with 69.3 imr 4451 215 m 0.010 off lan with 215berger at 2879 fps
1/2 moa .
Goo Luck
Matt

H1000, federal GM215M, Nosler brass and 215 Berger. Only combo I've ever ran in my 300 win mag. I will not post my load though. It's WAY higher than yours. Amazing how barrels/guns differ. I'd agree on a tight bore, fast lot of powder. But I'd also like to see the case capacities on the brass. Had a heavy lot of 270 brass one time and it was enough that I blew a primer on my 6.5 Sherman. Lesson learned. I always weigh new brass to compare to my old brass.

H1000, federal GM215M, Nosler brass and 215 Berger. Only combo I've ever ran in my 300 win mag. I will not post my load though. It's WAY higher than yours. Amazing how barrels/guns differ. I'd agree on a tight bore, fast lot of powder. But I'd also like to see the case capacities on the brass. Had a heavy lot of 270 brass one time and it was enough that I blew a primer on my 6.5 Sherman. Lesson learned. I always weigh new brass to compare to my old brass.
I haven't tried to get a measurement in case capacity yet might be interesting to look into though. Now I know I'm seated long but according to Berger's manual I would be 103% at 74 grains. I didn't hear powder crush at all until the last load of 76.5 grains. Now they were seating at saami spec and I don't know what brass they were using so it doesn't really mean anything other than I never got close to being able to fire a compressed load in my setup

Yeah I've got a custom reamer Broz helped me spec out years ago. My COAL is super long. I'm not showing pressure signs, but I think I'm close to max. Borden action and a 26" Brux gives right at 3000 FPS.

Yeah I've got a custom reamer Broz helped me spec out years ago. My COAL is super long. I'm not showing pressure signs, but I think I'm close to max. Borden action and a 26" Brux gives right at 3000 FPS.
I was just tickled the magazine on my rifle will let me get clear to the lands at least I have the option

Is that the Rhian Mantha reamer?

If it were me I would get some ADG brass there suppose to have it out 1rst quarter of this year. Get on the waiting list it's worth the wait. Your gonna have to start load development pretty much over when you switch brass. Save the rounds down the barrel untill you get it.

Is that the Rhian Mantha reamer?
Probably similar. My gun was built 6 years ago. Broz liked everything about my reamer specs, except he thought the neck was a little loose. All I know is that I'm happy with it and it's one of my most accurate guns. PTG did the reamer. Not sure when Rhian did his reamer. Mine may of been before he did his. But that's just a guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.