300 win Mag and 210gr VLD

Perhaps too much so. I have had a half a dozen instances with 210 VLD Hunting bullets where I have experienced little to no expansion on medium sized game at ranges between 200 and 700 yards. This was evidenced by bullet sized entry and exit wounds.

So do you think 210's wouldn't be a good idea on whitetail? I'm just going off the videos I've seen from "Brush Country Monsters" (I think that was the name) where they were shooting the 210's on whitetail and the hopes of being able to get a effective bullet for deer and elk! Opinions on 185's for elk???

So do you think 210's wouldn't be a good idea on whitetail? I'm just going off the videos I've seen from "Brush Country Monsters" (I think that was the name) where they were shooting the 210's on whitetail and the hopes of being able to get a effective bullet for deer and elk! Opinions on 185's for elk???

While I had also read good reports on the 210 which was my reason for using them, I was not satisfied with my results and abandoned my 300 for whitetails and other medium sized game returning my 6.5x284. I didn't pursue other bullets thus have no experience with the 185's.

Well....only time will tell!! 12 days to opening day here and should have the 185's dialed in by then!! Hope the H-1000 gets here in time so I can "not bother" the wife while she reads those dang vampire books!!

Ok, I took a look at my old data. 81g of H1000 is my max load, with that Berger your seating depth is the key. Read the article in my signature line. I took the max load of 81g and ran the seating depth test, got lucky. I would start 5g bellow if you're going to run a ladder test first.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.