300 Win Mag and 210 Match King ???

bigbuck

Have you ever loaded the 210 in your 300 winmag ?
I loaded some tonight and started at 72.5 grains of H-1000 the Berger and Sierra COAL called for 3.334 . When I tried to adjust my seater die to this measurment I could feel the bullet crunch the powder.

What should I expect? Thanks for a.ny help

this probably wont help but one of my favorite long range deer loads is 210 grain bergers in my 300WSM. still get decent speed and the power is amazing

There's a ton of info on this. You are on the low side at 72.5. Most folks are in the 76-77.5 grain range. Why are you stuck on that COL. Measure the distance to your lands ands seat .015 off.

There's a ton of info on this. You are on the low side at 72.5. Most folks are in the 76-77.5 grain range. Why are you stuck on that COL. Measure the distance to your lands ands seat .015 off.

Thats what the email said from Berger and thats the COL from an old sierra manual. Thanks

If you seat them out a little more, you want be compressing the powder. I seat mine at 3.360. It will be harder, most of the time, to get a good load if you jump that far. The book says that for lawyer reasons and is meant to be a starting place.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.