300 win mag/210 vld or accubond lr velocity

magedon44

Hey everyone, Im currently having my 300 win mag rebarreled and wanted to get your input on the 210 gr vld or 210 gr long range accubond and velocity.

What kind of velocitys are you all getting with these bullets? Im getting shillen barrel 1/10 twist and also want to know what the best barrel length would be for the 300 win mag to get best velocity but also not get in the way when hunting? Ive been running some numbers on the .730 BC accubond and its pretty impressive at 2950-3000 ft/sec. Im not sure if id be able to push it that fast so im just looking for input. Thanks !

Hey everyone, Im currently having my 300 win mag rebarreled and wanted to get your input on the 210 gr vld or 210 gr long range accubond and velocity.

What kind of velocitys are you all getting with these bullets? Im getting shillen barrel 1/10 twist and also want to know what the best barrel length would be for the 300 win mag to get best velocity but also not get in the way when hunting? Ive been running some numbers on the .730 BC accubond and its pretty impressive at 2950-3000 ft/sec. Im not sure if id be able to push it that fast so im just looking for input. Thanks !

Check out this thread >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-lr-accubonds-bc-testing-results-137554/

I think yull hit 2950 for sure I'm pushing the 215 Berger hybrids at 2985 with 77gr of h1000. Rifle is abolt2 26" barrel.

What brass , primers , and cartridge O.A.L. are you loading , and how is the accuracy ?
Full-length or neck sizing ?
What chronograph are you using for measurements ?

Thank you ,
DMP25-06

I would just shoot the 215 Berger. It is such a nice bullet in the 300 Win Mag. Myself and a friend just built two 300 Win Mags. Both with BRUX barrels at 26" plus brake. One is running 2970 fps and the other is going 3015 fps. We use H1000. You can't go wrong with this combo. Plus the 215's BC is tried and true.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.