300 win H1000 Norma brass

jmcarrol

Anyone loading 215 Berger hybrids with h1000 and Norma brass? Berger load data says 70.5 to 70.4 min to max. Just curious as to others combination and bushing size if you're running S dies.

Thanks Broz. Reading your posts is what convinced me to go with the 215s. My rifle is a lane precision throated for them and I should have asked Dallas to do the load work up with them. Instead I asked for 210s since I couldn't find hybrids in stock. His load was 77 gr of h1000 at 2938 with win brass and 210s, so I was just checking for data with Norma and 215s

My rifle , when switched from 210 to 215's ended up 1 gr less for charge weight. Same seating depth. But work up as all rifles are different.

Oh, and I got about 40 to 50 more fps.

Jeff

Listen to Broz. He helped me and my rifle shoots stupid good. I'm using these same components and Fed primers. But, I just built another 300 and I'm trying RWS brass. Hopefully it shoot as well as my other one.

I worked up in 1 grain increments. I started at 72 grains, loaded one round up at 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78. 74-76 all shot into almost one hole at 100 yds. 77 grains showed a little pressure, and I didn't shoot 78. Kirby told me he likes to load till he sees pressure then back off two grains and that's usually a pretty good load. So, I backed off to 75 and loaded six rounds. It shot well at 500 and at 1000. So I called it good. However, That was with virgin brass. Once my brass was once fired, I noticed my groups started hitting a little low. I increased my load to 76 grains and groups went right back where they were. Maybe I got lucky. But, I'm going to do the same thing with my new 300 as soon as it's finished.

I worked up in 1 grain increments. I started at 72 grains, loaded one round up at 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78. 74-76 all shot into almost one hole at 100 yds. 77 grains showed a little pressure, and I didn't shoot 78. Kirby told me he likes to load till he sees pressure then back off two grains and that's usually a pretty good load. So, I backed off to 75 and loaded six rounds. It shot well at 500 and at 1000. So I called it good. However, That was with virgin brass. Once my brass was once fired, I noticed my groups started hitting a little low. I increased my load to 76 grains and groups went right back where they were. Maybe I got lucky. But, I'm going to do the same thing with my new 300 as soon as it's finished.

Thanks so much for the info

Just finished a 300 Win Mag. I am using Nosler brass. I worked up in 1 gr increments from 73 to 79 gr. Every load produced a ragged one hole group. Hard to pick a load when it shoots like that. Plus the ES are good on every load. Not sure what NORMA brass weighs. My Nosler brass has almost 2.5 gr more capacity than my friends PRIVI brass. The Winchester brass we weighed was also much heavier than the Nosler. I stopped at 79 gr of H1000 Fed 215 match 215 Berger at 3015 fps. My friend stopped at 77 gr H1000 and is getting 2970 fps I believe. Start them 30 thou off the lands and work up in 1 gr increments and you will be done load development in 15 shots.

I will say again, There is something magical about the 215 Berger. Many rifles shoot it very well with a wide variety of loads. My load development was 9 rounds.

Jeff

Guys,
We suggest working loads up in 1/2 grain increments until you get to 2 grains below MAXIMUM then drop to 1/10th grain increments just to be extra safe. But use whatever you are comfortable with. Just please use the minimum load suggested for you bullet/powder/cartridge combination when you are doing your seating depth testing. Thanks for using our bullets Gents!

I'm worried about the 215 hybrid. The box says not for hunting. I mostly hunt large whitetails and shots can be close in the timber stands. Should I just try another bullet for this application? I was really wanting to stick to a single load for all my hunting from deer to elk.

I'm worried about the 215 hybrid. The box says not for hunting. I mostly hunt large whitetails and shots can be close in the timber stands. Should I just try another bullet for this application? I was really wanting to stick to a single load for all my hunting from deer to elk.

What are you worried about?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.