.300 Win Getting Some Work

Joel Russo

64A12723-EF95-406C-8D04-2AD021F63E19.jpeg
31E5D3C7-B974-4AD9-B16C-870B21A7226A.jpeg
6A870EE4-5D39-4412-A9AD-D24B3E00DEA8.jpeg
Im headed out soon to do some specialized training with my brothers, who are some of the country's finest protectors. I had to put a rifle together, chambered in .300 Win, to be able to shoot specific ammo, and to shoot it really well.
I pulled one of our long action Axioms and came up with this. Did some load development and came within a few feet per second of where I need to be with what I have to shoot when I get there. 190 SMK at 2,900 fps. A big thank you to my friends Varian at McMillan, and Sean at NF for sending me what I needed in very short order. I didn't have time to make a stock, nor did I have a scope with the TReMoR3 retical.
With the hay up due to the wet weather we've been having, I was restricted to only 500 yards this weekend.
Shot a few good groups with the last four shots going into .685".

Last edited:
Dang...

Do any of your rifles not shoot? I always thought the 300 WM was sort'a finicky but you just throw this together and and your shoot'in the eye out of a rat a 500. I tip my hat.

Dang...

Do any of your rifles not shoot? I always thought the 300 WM was sort'a finicky but you just throw this together and and your shoot'in the eye out of a rat a 500. I tip my hat.

Honestly, it's not that hard to build an accurate rifle, especially with the high level of components available today. It's all in the combination.

This one was kind of difficult because I don't have the option of using different bullets. I have to hit the ground running and shoot their ammo..
Fortunately, it all came together.

View attachment 98804 I have to use the TReMoR 3 retical for this stint, so today I mounted up the one NF sent me.
Went out to get my suppressed zero, and found this amusing.
First one on paper went low left, corrected and sent three in a hole. Lol

Wow... that corrected zero is a 64th inch off. That must be annoying... not! Sweet gun aside... that's some great shooting on your part. Not everybody can get the accuracy potential out of a magnum as well as that.

I have one of Joel's guns. He is a wonderful guy to deal with and a mountain of knowledge and gave me support after the sell. My only problem is I need another. Awesome job Joel have a great time with your brother and thank you both

That's a sharp rig brother! What kind of can you running on the end of it?

DPMJ, you're lucky... I haven't been able to get one of Joel's/Chase's works of art yet. Someday though.

That's a sharp rig brother! What kind of can you running on the end of it?

DPMJ, you're lucky... I haven't been able to get one of Joel's/Chase's works of art yet. Someday though.

Thanks man.
I'm running a SAS Vengance can. Originally bought it for my .338-.408 improved, but ended up using it on everything but the big guns.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.