300 win chambering

Talk to Broz with Longrangeonly. He's got a really good reamer for the 300 win with the 215 Berger.
That and some N570 and you are set for some great long range shooting.

Kris
I rebarreled my Savage 112 BVSS with a pre-fit Pac-Nor, 28" 9t and then used a Ryan Mantha finishing reamer on the SAAMI .300WinMag chamber. This allows me to set the 215gn range of pills out to 3.7+" OAL for increased performance.
I'm getting over 3000+, close to 3100fps and sub .5MOA. I would love to get some n570 but might as well put that in my bucket list.
I'm using Norma brass (3rd firing), RL-26 and CCI BR2's and accuracy and velocity are there. I ran out of the 215gn Bergers and this last deer season used the 212gn ELD-X @ 3070fps (ES:12/SD:6.3) for whitetails.

A191 chamber is shorter from base to shoulder than a SAAMI chamber, it will not change anything other than the throat length.
Just get your SAAMI chamber throat extended, IIRC it is only .060" longer in the A191 throat.
Have been running the A191 chamber since I started F-class, can seat the 215g Berger with the shank/heal bullet juncture .005" above the neck/shoulder and still be .005" from the rifling.

Cheers.

He had his 300 win running neck and neck with a 30 Nosler both shooting the 215 berger. Has a video of it on YouTube

Kris
no 300 WM is gonna run with a 30 Nosler all things being equal,I believe this is a test he did before Rfurman did his on the same forum.

Sorry wasn't on same forum it was on rokslide, Ryan helps out Broz alot on his forum

I have stated before and now. If the comparison were made apples to apples there is much difference between a lot of rifles. Every time I see new rifles out they compare 24" to 26" barrels which isn't a fair test. The thing I like about the belted mag is I can if need be resize the brass to what I need from 264WM to 338WM. Generally you can get 300WM and 7mm RM cases also most anywhere. The only thing is N570 is subject to weather more so than H1000 or other H powders.
I enjoyed the Media.

Have 700 from remington custom shop wanting too rebarrel for heavy high bc bullets don't know if you can ream chamber to set bullets out further
There may be no need to seat bullets out further. Some barrels pressure out before the case is full anyway so there's no benefits to seating the bullet out further. Have you tried shooting heavy bullets with no success?

Theres alot of benefits to seating bullets out farther than saami, its proven time and time again or there would be no 300 PRC.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts