300 Win, 225 ELD M

gohring3006

Who's ran these against the 230 Berger past 1000 yards?
I'm interested in the consistency on target, and what powder works for them.
Thanks

I haven't shot the 230 Berger to compare them, but I shoot the 225 eldm out of my 300 rum. I use reloaded 33 and consistently shoot .3 groups at 100 yards, and average 3155fps. 1200 yards is The farthest I've shot this rifle so far but this load shoots good and drops are spot on using a .753 b.c.

I also have not shot the 230 Berger but I have shot a bunch of the 225 ELD-M out of my 300 SS and some out of a 300 Dakota which is just slightly bigger than the win mag. I've just started to play with them in my Dakota but so far I will be testing RL33, Retumbo, 8133, and N 570. What little I've done so far I'll be sticking with RL33 or N 570.

I also have not shot the 230 Berger but I have shot a bunch of the 225 ELD-M out of my 300 SS and some out of a 300 Dakota which is just slightly bigger than the win mag. I've just started to play with them in my Dakota but so far I will be testing RL33, Retumbo, 8133, and N 570. What little I've done so far I'll be sticking with RL33 or N 570.
I seen Broz, did some testing with N570. He got very good velocity. I'm going to look for it at my local shop.

I'm using the eldm bullets in serval different rifles they all shoot really good. 20 thousandth jump has been the sweet spot for me. These bullets work really good for hunting bullets. I used Berger exclusively for several years, but am using these in all my new builds because they are cheaper, in stock and they work.

I ran them in 300 Weatherby for a while, but I was offered a price I couldn't refuse for that rifle, so now I finally started messing with a Savage 116 stainless 300 Win mag that's been in the back of the safe. I thought I would try the 225s out and see if I can out run a 208 ELD. I'm going to hex coat them and see how fast I can push them.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.