300 Wheeler

I recently ordered one from BAT and managed to catch the last run. They should be done in about a month. Bullet central was getting quite a few. Bruno's also carries them. I know Alex had a few on order, but they might of been for customers.

I don't order them for stock. With everything thats going on, most parts are taking longer to get. Bat's aluminum/steel hybrid actions have been VERY popular. You just put in your order and wait, lol. Its worth it. Ryan had a great idea with this case, it really does give 300 Norma Improved performance without having to get into a properly designed .580 bolt face action. Its a good option for guys thinking about a 300 NMI that already have a magnum action. It should be named after Ryan, it was his idea, I just speced out the reamer. But he didn't like the name I came up with.

I don't order them for stock. With everything thats going on, most parts are taking longer to get. Bat's aluminum/steel hybrid actions have been VERY popular. You just put in your order and wait, lol. Its worth it. Ryan had a great idea with this case, it really does give 300 Norma Improved performance without having to get into a properly designed .580 bolt face action. Its a good option for guys thinking about a 300 NMI that already have a magnum action. It should be named after Ryan, it was his idea, I just speced out the reamer. But he didn't like the name I came up with.
We're all ho's in some aspect of our life!

I have not tried the 215's. I think the 230 is a better bullet. Just got done shooting it at 600. Mirage was bad but managed to walk away with what I was looking for. Couple weeks and I'll shoot it at 1K @ deep creek.

Attachments

• DC4DE22D-2E25-40CE-A9C2-F1E5F1B0F8E1.jpeg
    DC4DE22D-2E25-40CE-A9C2-F1E5F1B0F8E1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 194
  • AFAFF339-8DA6-42BB-9533-AAF96AB64E41.jpeg
    AFAFF339-8DA6-42BB-9533-AAF96AB64E41.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
I have not tried the 215's. I think the 230 is a better bullet. Just got done shooting it at 600. Mirage was bad but managed to walk away with what I was looking for. Couple weeks and I'll shoot it at 1K @ deep creek.
Hey Rhovee,
I am keeping an eye on this thread, do you have any updates?

Liddy

Kinda hard to tell because of all the 6mm bullets I shot for testing. But the black sharpie triangle is the .035 off.

Attachments

• 99DBC952-9FD1-4C66-8480-DA31CBBDEE5A.jpeg
    99DBC952-9FD1-4C66-8480-DA31CBBDEE5A.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 104
Rhovee,
Do you have any updates on this cartridge? Surely you must have a substantial amount of trigger time and data now??

Liddy

Quite a bit. I am taking it on an elk hunt this fall so not trying to shoot it to much. Still shoots good at 3030-3040 with H1000. N570 also works well. Node is same area. 3050 ish.

It's funny really, if i'm not mistaken the .338 edge that was all the rage among long range wildcatters is based on the .300 rum necked up…and now there's an elr optimized .300 cartridge based on the .338 rum necked down! Not bashing the idea either by the way, cool if it works the way you wanted it to….just funny is all. There is NO factory offered cartridge configuration that we don't feel the need to modify haha