300 Weatherby

Bear

I have a factory standard Weatheby Accumark 26 " barrel that shoots factory Federal Safari w/ 180 grain partition bullets into .75 MOA. I want to start reloading for this round and would like your favorite accuracy and high velocity loads. I plan to use bullets in the 180 -200 grain range and will shoot out to about 700-800 yards for elk and deer. Thank you for your help.

Barry

Bear'I am working on a load using 200gr Matchking's for a friend of mine for his Accumark.So far H4831 seem's to be the best powder.He want's to use his for the same thing you do.....Will let you know how thing's go.....

You could try a 180 grain J36 at 3200 fps and a B.C. of .672. I'm going to use 180 same 180 grain this fall in my .30-378 at 3500fps. It would be for Whitetail but not at close range. sorry about talking about I'm going to do rather that what you could. It is just a suggestion.

I have been trying to do the same thing. I have a Weatherby Accumark in 300 Weatherby mag and have been using some SMK's in 200 grains. Could not get any groups at lower loadings to shoot very well. My WBY likes 'em a little on the hot side. Been pushing 3100 fps with the 200 grain MK's with 86 grains of Reloader 25. A little faster with 87 grains and bolt sticking with 88 grains. Groups have been under 1", but would try to get them smaller. At 87 grains the first 2 shots overlapped half way. The third shot moved it out to 1". Hate to say it, but I think it was me, so I stopped there for the day. Hope to get someone else to shoot it and see how they do. Would be very interested in How your load developments have been going, Boyd. Hope you list them here, or maybe e-mail me with your results. littletoes.
Hope we get some new results posted!

[ 08-13-2002: Message edited by: littletoes ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts