300 weatherby vs 300 remington ultra mag

1) Accuracy...300 RUM vs 300 WBY/ackley/Baer/et al..... Belted....Has won more 1000 yard matches by a compleat land slide!!! I can only remember seeing 1 300 Ultra on the line....ever. So don't let anyone give you that "belt is a bad thing" line....pure KRAP. Doubt it...just look at any, some, or all of the published 1000 yard match reports ever published since the beginning of time

the belted 300 wby/improved wins by a mile.

2) Brass.....300 wby hands down....You can get the cheap stuff like rem and Win....pretty dam good stuf. I am not sure if Nostler is making any, but that would be a step up. Norma....very good brass!!!! Or, size and fireform RWS 375H&h brass....STELLER brass!!!! The 300 rum...well...er...remington or remington.

3) Guns....I honestly do not know. Rem has gotten so much bad press on sights like these and the BR sights....poor quality....bad tubes...poor factory service...ect. I am guessing that maybe, MAYBE, Weatherby might edge out Rem. But, you have a remmy that won't shoot, any gunsmith in the world can and will work on a remmy. I have not seen any that will work on a WBY, other than a simple BBL change.

4)Parts...ie triggers, stocks, everything......you can get everything for a remmy...Wby....NOT.

These are MY opinions, and may not be changed without the express,written consent of the owner.

Last edited:
i will take a 300 wby over a 300 rum.. i get excellent accuracy with both of mine.and if you want to argue the speed issue then get a 30-378.. also if you have any doubts look into the 1000 yd matches and see how many 300 rum and see how many 300 wbys. they wouldnt use it if it didnt work.

I shoot a 300 Weatherby in Lazermark and a 338/378 Weatherby in Accumark. I handload for both rifles and the 300 Weatherby shoots .5" at 100 all day long and the 338/378 shoots .435" at 100 5 shot group. Both rifles are fired off a bench with nothing more than a rear sandbag and a elchepo Caldwell bipod. To make a broad statment, saying that this rifle or that rifle will outshoot this rifle or that rifle because of a long freebore is simply wrong. That's my experience and your milage may vary.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

This is why I never post or reply to this forum.......... everyone has a smart remark but never replies with an answer! Yes, it IS an old post, but a LOT of the more resent posts to it, are valid and should be answered!

This is why I never post or reply to this forum.......... everyone has a smart remark but never replies with an answer! Yes, it IS an old post, but a LOT of the more resent posts to it, are valid and should be answered!
I'd suggest two things to you.

One you need to read more of the threads in this forum, because far and away I see lots of good questions and lots of good answers/advice given.

Two, if you honestly feel the posts in this forum are not helpful, you can change that by adding your own helpful posts.

As opposed to a dumb remark???? What was the "smart remark" you are speaking of?

And oh ya.....You JUST DID "post or reply to this forum"...and you did so with a "smart answer" !!!

Just sayin.

dont listen to these weatherby guys they will not out shoot any remington let alone a sendero 300 ultra because i have one with a nightforce 5.5-22x56 and it will bug hole all day long and as far as factory ammo there is not alot of it out there but i reload for it 97grains of retumbo 210 g berger vld shoots really well also 97.5g retumbo 180 g siera gk try nosler custom brass it's weight sorted and sized buy a sendero you wont be disapointed

savage weather warrior300 rum per accu. all factory gun 3/4" at 100
i use 89 of retumbo pushing 210 ber
gun weights 10 pounds
great gun

Last edited:
I ask a question, never did get an answer, but I did get slamed for saying that I didn't get an answer, and Im the bad guy here??? I came to this place in hopes of getting a simple question answered because I thought this was a good source. Sorry to have bothered you all.

I ask a question, never did get an answer, but I did get slamed for saying that I didn't get an answer, and Im the bad guy here??? I came to this place in hopes of getting a simple question answered because I thought this was a good source. Sorry to have bothered you all.

You probably didn't get an answer because there are not a lot of Colt shooters out there....plain and simple!!!

You obviously don't reload because if you did you should know the answer to your question. Weather or not the Colt has free bore is moot.....you like it and it shoots.

If you are going to reload, the first thing I would learn to do is check you bullet seating depth....ie..your free bore. You will be limited in length by either your chamber or your magazine (unles you single feed).

You have a total of four posts on this entire website....one comment, one question, and two smart assed, whiny remarks......this is a big boy website...we shoot and kill things....for sport, no less. My comment that started with "sheezzz" was in jest......if it offended you, I apolagoize....(at least a little :D).

Get over it.....maybe help us out and give the Colt Sauer impared shooters a little info on the colt. I know that the Colt Sauer is suposed to be a keeper!!! How does yours shoot? What do you feed it. It won't be a hyjac because it is 300 wby related....All good stuff.

Don't go away mad.
Don't go away at all!!

Stick around....learn, AND teach!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.