300 weatherby vs 300 remington ultra mag

OK, here's the skinny......

I have tried to get into reloading 3 times over the last lifetime.......
College took the first try....... money!
Devorce took number 2.........money!

So here is number 3! Yep, Im green but thats why I came here in the first place. I have most of what I need already, but need advice of the initial start. I will be loading for 2 rifles and a few pistols down the road! For now, I need the knowledge to get me going RIGHT!
I bought a DVD from RCBS and am going through that. The first of the 2 rifles I want to load for are 300WBY in a Colt Sauer, and the other is a 300WSM on a 700 action w/ Hogue mono-block stock, and a Mag-Na-Brake.

Now may I get some help?

OK, here's the skinny......

I have tried to get into reloading 3 times over the last lifetime.......
College took the first try....... money!
Devorce took number 2.........money!

So here is number 3! Yep, Im green but thats why I came here in the first place. I have most of what I need already, but need advice of the initial start. I will be loading for 2 rifles and a few pistols down the road! For now, I need the knowledge to get me going RIGHT!
I bought a DVD from RCBS and am going through that. The first of the 2 rifles I want to load for are 300WBY in a Colt Sauer, and the other is a 300WSM on a 700 action w/ Hogue mono-block stock, and a Mag-Na-Brake.

Now may I get some help?

What do you need help with? Like I said....you will need to measure your own freebore....all rifles are different, even within the same brand and model. Get yourself a stony point (maybe it is a Horndy something or other now) tool with the specific cases that you need..it came with instructions, and was kind of self-explanatory once you had them in your hand.

Let us know, somewhat specificly, what you need. I know that it is hard to do sometomes when you are new and don't have the vocabulary...but do the best you can...There is a MOUNTIAN of experiance on this site!!!

Also, go to the reloading fourm on this site to post reloding questions....it is what it is there for.

Good luck,
Tod

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.