300 Weatherby Magnum

I believe just weatherby? It's proprietary. No that's wrong, looks like Norma, Hornady, probably a couple others.

Hornady, Norma and Nosler Plus Weatherby.

There are more than 6 manufactures that sell loaded ammo for the 300 Weatherby Mag.

J E CUSTOM

Weatherby ammo is made by Norma, Weatherby stamped brass costs more than Norma stamped brass.
I have a few Weatherby chamberings, I find the supply from Norma is very good, the brass is decent, but not as good as my old Remington brass I have. I got 10 loads on that Rem brass.

Due to supply issues, I have used Rem 375 H&H brass to form 300 Bee, 340 Bee and 375 Bee. Sure, it forms shorter in the 375, but not in the other 2.

I ran factory Weatherby ammo to get brass when I first barreled my 270 Weatherby, then the SAME DAY I bought/picked up the 5 boxes of ammo, an add for 200 pieces of NEW brass came up on a forum for less than half price, I went without that week, but I had brass!:D

Buy the Norma brass.

Cheers.
:)

Norma/Weatherby is the way to go. Try brassmanbrass.com. All weatherby once fired sourced from Weatherby. I had some Federal Nickle but it was a PIA.

Hmmmm, the well prepared brass from Nosler is true, BUT when it first came out, I was working in a gun shop and got good discounts on stock so I paid for 2 boxes @ $90 each, about double what Norma cost at the time.
The prep aspect was good, but the internal capacity, hardness and primer pockets were terrible. I was so dissapointed with the brass I sectioned a piece and was horrified to find it was IDENTICAL in every way, capacity, weight and internal shape as some scrap Federal FC-10 cases I had given to me. These were once fired factory and when seating primers, some were falling out!
The problem....the primer pockets had loosened on START LOADS, the middle loads had EJECTOR MARKS and new primers fell out, never got close to the published maximum, which is fine and I know the reasons why.

I know Norma make the brass now, but that experience has made me not trust Nosler brass is ALL made by Norma.

Norma brass is just as good as Noslers weight matched brass.

Cheers.
;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.