300 Weatherby Magnum Vanguard S2 scope mount

aOWENc

Hello from the Midwest! Glad to say that I'm a member among you wonderful folks.
There is a rumor going around that indiana (shotgun only) will be legalizing rifles next year, the indiana DNR page even posted about it. So I just purchased a Weatherby Vanguard s2 in 300 weatherby and a am buying a Vortex 6-24×50 with a 30mm tube the scope is 14.5 inches long. Should I go one piece or two piece? What height? Brand recommendations? Thanks in advance! P.S. I have had bad experiences with piccatiny rails so I don't want anything along those lines.

Last edited:
AO, the Talley lightweight one piece are popular and prices quite reasonably. E-mail them with your rifle model and scope info and they will reply with the correct model # for you. They are available online from many sources and usually ship quickly. I have them on two rifles and really like them. Good luck

I went through the same thing on my vanguard s2, I went with a rail but Talley light weight rings are great. The bases for a Mk V will fit the s2. I read and heard the Remington 700 bases would fit but they dont( wasted 70 bucks on that mistake lol) They are great guns have fun.

Awesome thanks guys. Just shot talley an email, so once they respond I will place my order.

EGW rifle to rifle scope move,horizontal near perfect. Vertical is only a matter of ballistics.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.