300 wby help

always shot 180s when I was using one look on speer reloading sight they will have some data with a 165 and rl 22

Though I have shot even lighter bullets in the 300 WBY I have never loaded anything less than 180. Maybe someone else has experience
Ok, this helps a lot, I've got several batches of different powder/ load combos at home, I'm going to try 165 accubond, 180 and some different bullets

Ok, this helps a lot, I've got several batches of different powder/ load combos at home, I'm going to try 165 accubond, 180 and some different bullets
Lyman 49 edition lists 165 grn BT with 80-85 grn RL22. Again, start low and work up

Seating depth is where I'd look to personally. I have only loaded for one 300 bee but every bullet I tried jumped way too much and they didn't like it. Had to find the right bullet and right jump. Was not the easiest rifle to load for. Just my experience.

I seat them till they fit in the magazine, I can go deeper but not sure I want to....I'm going to try a bunch of loads soon
The reloading manuals I checked, recommend 3.56" COAL. If you change bullet, for example TTSX instead of TSX, you need to account for the reduce case capacity, reduced the powder, or load longer.

I've done 80.5gr IMR 4831 with a 167gr Peregrine, 81gr IMR 4831 with a Barnes 168gr TTSX, and 80.5gr IMR 4831 with a 175gr Barnes LRX. Never used RL-22 with my .300 Wby, but I have in my .340 Wby. The 265gr LRX with RL-22 was shooting pretty good for me.

So I'm clear, you are using a regular primer for a magnum dose of powder? I seriously doubt it is the Bartlein but they are a phone call away...

And the long range accubonds can be finicky try another weight class heavier as mentioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.