300 wby action problem

codyarnold

hey I have a vangaurd/ howa action in 300wby mag. my problem is that I can't put long bullets in the gun because they don't fit in the floorplate. does anyone know if I can buy a larger floorplate, or any options I could do

Your nomenclature may be throwing me off.

Are you loading your cartridges through the top or are you opening the bottom and putting them in that way?

im loading them through the top. my problem is that when I reload my bullets I want the case overall length at the top of the cart. But when I do the will not go into the floorplate because it is to short.

Why are you loading to a longer than spec cartridge overall length? Are you loading long bullets that are eating up powder capacity? Are you chasing the lands? Ehat cartridge and bullet are you using? Wyatts might make a longer magazine box but I feel you might be making things more difficult by loading long if you don't really need to.

Work back up keeping the mag length in mind. Scratch that! Keep loaded round ejection in mind.
Just focus on good brass prep, you'll find accuracy.

CA, perhaps if you were to state the bullet and powder plus your overall length someone could help with the problem.

300 wby shells just fit in a vanguard mag. Stick to that length, 3.56" I believe. You will run out of powder room with using long high bc bullets. Consider using high bc 180s or 190s

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.