300 VODKA

That's exciting. And funny. And sounds like it would hurt without a brake.

What's the case capacity?

Any idea on barrel life?

Next on the agenda shall be the .30-408 cheytac or a shorter version of said cartridge no doubt. Overbore is a subjective word subject to change. There was a time when the 270 win was slow to be accepted because it was an impractical overbore hot rod and "what possible need is there for that kind of meat ruining muzzle velocity".
I actually entertain this possibility. I keep wondering when then ultra slow triple base powders used in cannons and military application will go commercial and redefine overbore again. (Nitroguanidine being the third, nitroglycerin and nitrocellulose being the familiar two - the third currently only found in trace amounts in "flash suppressed propellants")

couple this with either the crazy heavy brass the OP, swamp lord, has designed or the new steel/brass hybrid design pioneered by sig in their 277 fury, and 80000 psi might soon be the new 60000.

Add to this what we've learned about hexagonal boron nitride and it's ability to seriously slow barrel erosion while allowing greater velocity at equal pressure , or hammer bullet style geometry, or gs custom drive bands...

we haven't hit the limit yet.

we had some time ago, I know Kirby Allen tried a .30-408 and it just plain didn't work, too much room for even the slowest powders available.

I think this is going to change.

Since the 300 RUM exists already ....

I'm doing a 300 VODKA

500 Nitro Express cut down to 300 RUM length and necked to 30 cal, slightly rebated rim in mag boltface (375 H&H family, 300 RUM etc.) gobs more case capacity over the RUM and 100% safe to run in Rem 700 actions, super tuff factory made, headstamped brass and reamer coming

will smoke the 30-338 Lapua Imp, 30-378 Wby and 7.82 Warbird without requiring a $$$$ custom Lapua Mag sized action, got two 32" 8 twist 30 cal Rock Creek barrels in da house, all systems go !

will be available to whoever wants a stiff shot of Vodka.....

300 Vodka reamer will completely clean out a 300 Rum chamber without needing to set barrel back

you can take shots while you wait for a new barrel , ha

my personal 1 mile moose gun, lol

reamers will be available at PT&G in Oregon and factory brass will be made by RCC in Texas

dis ain't ya mamma's creedho

View attachment 229199
i'll dr!nk to that !

I'm doing a 300 VODKA

500 Nitro Express cut down to 300 RUM length and necked to 30 cal, slightly rebated rim in mag boltface (375 H&H family, 300 RUM etc.) gobs more case capacity over the RUM and 100% safe to run in Rem 700 actions, super tuff factory made, headstamped brass and reamer coming

will smoke the 30-338 Lapua Imp, 30-378 Wby and 7.82 Warbird without requiring a $$$$ custom Lapua Mag sized action, got two 32" 8 twist 30 cal Rock Creek barrels in da house, all systems go !

300 Vodka reamer will completely clean out a 300 Rum chamber without needing to set barrel back

reamers will be available at PT&G in Oregon and factory brass will be made by RCC in Texas

View attachment 229199
Looks like 245 burgers have a new home!!!

I'm doing a 300 VODKA

View attachment 229199

How many grains of water????

How many grains of r26-50bmg-retumbo-570-869. ??????

Any guesses 3 best powders and twist rate w/245 bergers?

Sounds like a roosevelt elk slaying lazer with 4 port brake on a carbon wrapped 32" barrel!!!

Any computer simulations to start with?